Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Should I go back?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grishamlaw

grishamlaw
  • Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationNot Australia or England

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

This is a troll post, but I haven't received any grades as of today from December and we're starting on Monday so who knows, maybe I failed miserably and shouldn't go back. Doesn't seem like it should take more than a month to receive exam grades. 

• Pyke likes this

#2 HammurabiTime

HammurabiTime
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationTO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:25 AM

Dunno what school you're at (I'm at UofT) but I was told by upper years that we typically get grades back towards the end of January just before 1L recruit applications are due.

#3 grishamlaw

grishamlaw
  • Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationNot Australia or England

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:33 AM

Dunno what school you're at (I'm at UofT) but I was told by upper years that we typically get grades back towards the end of January just before 1L recruit applications are due.

Okay! I thought it was abnormal but guess not

#4 CarmelaIsabella

CarmelaIsabella
  • Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

I'm in a similar boat, with some of my grades missing also. It's good to know that this isn't just something that happens to my school, and that this is normal.

But when I think about what you say above, about the potential of having done miserably, I'm also reminded of something a wise person once told me: ignorance is bliss. Everyone performs better when they believe they're still an A student: and let's be honest, all of us with fragile egos can afford to pretend to be A students until our first set of grades come in  ;-) lol 

#5 pzabbythesecond

pzabbythesecond
  • Members
  • 607 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Yeah we're getting our grades back on the 13th. I'm in the same boat as you and every day I get closer to it my anxiety builds.

Just keep your head down and do your work as best you think it should be done until you get feedback (I.e think back to when you were studying for midterms and try to remember when you kicked yourself and said "damn, I wish I did this in september".

#6 Coolname

Coolname
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:36 AM

i really wish this wasn't the case, i don't care that much about getting the physical exams back, but it would be nice to know the grades sooner as they are so integral to the 1l recruit 

#7 RedRocket

RedRocket
  • Members
  • 328 posts
  • Location3L of the Exotic North

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

If you've done any reading and provided some form of analysis, you probably ended up in the curve. You gotta fuck up pretty badly or do really good to beat the curve.