Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Chances? cGPA 3.39, L2 3.83, LSAT 160

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Flashback1994

Flashback1994
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

Only LSAT write was in December. Average ECs and LORs (I suspect). Thanks!

#2 Prelawunb14

Prelawunb14
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

From what I know, Western is a big LSAT school and almost doesn't consider anything else. My friend, who is a first year law student at UWO, had a 2.7 cGPA but a 163 LSAT and was accepted mid-Jan. He was not accepted anywhere else. A 160 is decent, you have a shot!

#3 Draken

Draken
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

From what I know, Western is a big LSAT school and almost doesn't consider anything else. My friend, who is a first year law student at UWO, had a 2.7 cGPA but a 163 LSAT and was accepted mid-Jan. He was not accepted anywhere else. A 160 is decent, you have a shot!

This is inaccurate.

Western is known to value the LSAT a bit higher than other schools, but still demands academic excellence from its applicants, with heavier focus on the last two years of study. CGPA is less of a factor than L2 there, by their own admission.

http://law.uwo.ca/fu...categories.html

Your L2 is high and while your LSAT is a bit under the median, you should be fine. 160 is a competitive score for Western, however it is trending upwards these days towards low-mid 160 scores.

• pzabbythesecond likes this

#4 Commerce

Commerce
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

I'd say you certainly have a good shot of acceptance

@prelawunb14 - not sure where you heard that, but that's inaccurate lol. I know a few students who had sub 160 LSAT's but really high GPA's and are currently at Western

#5 Prelawunb14

Prelawunb14
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:14 PM

I'd say you certainly have a good shot of acceptance

@prelawunb14 - not sure where you heard that, but that's inaccurate lol. I know a few students who had sub 160 LSAT's but really high GPA's and are currently at Western

Sorry, I got it from http://lsutil.azurewebsites.net/ a moderator on this website came up with it, you can find more details on this http://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/40946-predict-your-admission-chances-and-calculate-your-olsas-cgpa-if-you-dont-know-it/ Obviously I did not verify his numbers or anything. I just thought it made sense with the anecdote I had from my friends experience.

Sorry for bad info.

#6 rih

rih
  • Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

From what I can tell, compared to the rest of the schools, the predict-o-matic thing does the best with predicting Western admissions. My guess is that their admissions are much less holistic than at the other schools.

That being said, based on your stats the predict-o-matic says you have a poor chance, even if they weigh your L2 more favorably. But if they put enough emphasis on the upward trend and the personal statement you could be in.

• Prelawunb14 likes this