Chika08

EC'S

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

So I have been quite worried about the ec/experience aspect of the application process. The only experience I really have outside of school is my job (admin) and a years worth of volunteer experience for an organization. I will be applying fall 2017 and am worried that my extremely minimal experience will negatively impact my application. I have been trying to find volunteer opportunities on the regular and have been having a difficult time finding something that works with my work/school schedule. 

So my question is with the experience I have noted above, would my application look weak?! Note my cgpa will be approx 3.56 without drops & I have yet to do the LSAT. 

If you guys can provide any great opportunities in Vancouver which would help me fulfill the EC requirement, I will be VERY thankful!!!

Your application does appear to be on the light side as far as ECs go, but it's not necessarily a deal breaker. What type of volunteer experiences would be of interest to you?

Anything at this point would really be helpful. I'm majoring in criminology so anything related to that field would be awesome:) Tutoring or working with young children would be a preference. 

Hey guys!

So I have been quite worried about the ec/experience aspect of the application process. The only experience I really have outside of school is my job (admin) and a years worth of volunteer experience for an organization. I will be applying fall 2017 and am worried that my extremely minimal experience will negatively impact my application. I have been trying to find volunteer opportunities on the regular and have been having a difficult time finding something that works with my work/school schedule. 

So my question is with the experience I have noted above, would my application look weak?! Note my cgpa will be approx 3.56 without drops & I have yet to do the LSAT. 

If you guys can provide any great opportunities in Vancouver which would help me fulfill the EC requirement, I will be VERY thankful!!!

Its not about fulfilling the requirement.  There are post from ad coms (Other schools) on this site that are helpful but generally it's not advisable to start ECs with the sole purpose of enhancing an upcoming application.  You have had a steady job and a steady volunteer position so I would work with those and just put more time into the LSAT as opposed to trying to cram new ECs in there.