Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

CGPA vs L3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 average

average
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 03 January 2017 - 06:26 PM

I'm in a bit of a predicament here and feeling very uneasy after receiving my low LSAT score (155).

I know TRU focuses on L3 for GPA calculations but my L3 is marginally lower than my CGPA (3.31 vs 3.45ish) - I blame this on changing schools and moving to one with a ridiculous tough grading scale (SFU) - shitty excuse, maybe. 

So my question is, will TRU take the higher of the two, or will they simply look at the L3 and disregard my CGPA. 

Any help with this matter is seriously appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Girby

Girby
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:10 PM

I'm in a bit of a predicament here and feeling very uneasy after receiving my low LSAT score (155).

I know TRU focuses on L3 for GPA calculations but my L3 is marginally lower than my CGPA (3.31 vs 3.45ish) - I blame this on changing schools and moving to one with a ridiculous tough grading scale (SFU) - shitty excuse, maybe.

So my question is, will TRU take the higher of the two, or will they simply look at the L3 and disregard my CGPA.

Any help with this matter is seriously appreciated. Thanks!

From my understanding of the matter, they look at both but place a (much?) greater emphasis on L90/L3.

I was informed by a friend at TRU that they will be placing equal weight on the LSAT and GPA moving forward, and a more holistic approach in general (greater consideration for ECs). In the past, it was roughly 60/40 GPA.