bmking

Chances? : LSAT-160, cGPA-2.86, L2-3.7

So I am somewhat in a unique situation where my cGPA is incredibly lower then my L2. This was due to me not knowing I had ADHD for my whole life, making it hard for me to effectively study. I only found out mid way through university. After finding out I started taking only small amounts of medication and my marks skyrocketed.

I haven't actually taken the LSAT yet, but I'm going to assume a 160. This is because there is no point in me taking the LSAT if my GPA is not good enough to be considered for admission. I realize its a bit presumptuous to "assume" a 160, but I need to know if i should even spend money to take the LSAT.

So assuming I get a 160 (maybe even a 155) on the LSAT, would my L2 be good enough to make up for my dismal cGPA?

Thanks!

Fortunately, Dal looks at your last two years, assuming it's higher than your cGPA. As for the drastic improvement, this is something you would address in your personal statement. Your L2 at 3.7 places you at a competitive level, as would a 160 on the LSAT. Assuming you applied with a 3.7 and 160, you'd have a good chance of getting in by the numbers. ECs and great letters of reference can help your application as well.

If you're considering writing the LSAT, I suggest you write a timed practice (aka Diagnostic) to see where you land. This will give you an idea of where your starting point is before you invest time and money into writing the LSAT. 

https://www.dal.ca/content/dam/dalhousie/pdf/law/Admissions/law_admissions_infosheets_FAQ_0916.pdf

Fortunately, Dal looks at your last two years, assuming it's higher than your cGPA. As for the drastic improvement, this is something you would address in your personal statement. Your L2 at 3.7 places you at a competitive level, as would a 160 on the LSAT. Assuming you applied with a 3.7 and 160, you'd have a good chance of getting in by the numbers. ECs and great letters of reference can help your application as well.

If you're considering writing the LSAT, I suggest you write a timed practice (aka Diagnostic) to see where you land. This will give you an idea of where your starting point is before you invest time and money into writing the LSAT. 

https://www.dal.ca/content/dam/dalhousie/pdf/law/Admissions/law_admissions_infosheets_FAQ_0916.pdf

Thanks for the reply!

Il be sure to do a practice LSAT to see how I do. I just wanted to make sure I had a chance to get in based on the low cGPA before I even considered that. Good to hear that Dal just looks at L2