Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Transfer application questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CarbolicSmoke

CarbolicSmoke
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:19 PM

- How soon should I be preparing for the transfer applications? Should I get started right now?

- How long does it usually take to get a letter of permission from law schools in general? (e.g. 1 week?)

- UT asks for an official copy of my transcript, even if it is not finalized by May 1st. I am sure that my grades will not be finalized by then. Then should I send another copy of my transcript once my grades are finalized?

- LSAT score submission - on top of selecting the UT program on LSAC website, should I send another transcript to UT? Or does LSAC do that automatically, so I don't need to be concerned?

#2 Luckycharm

Luckycharm
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGTA

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:10 AM

- How soon should I be preparing for the transfer applications? Should I get started right now?

- How long does it usually take to get a letter of permission from law schools in general? (e.g. 1 week?)

- UT asks for an official copy of my transcript, even if it is not finalized by May 1st. I am sure that my grades will not be finalized by then. Then should I send another copy of my transcript once my grades are finalized?

- LSAT score submission - on top of selecting the UT program on LSAC website, should I send another transcript to UT? Or does LSAC do that automatically, so I don't need to be concerned?

http://www.law.utoro...year-applicants

Application Deadline
For admission in the 2017-2018 academic year, applications open(ed) in August 2016 and are to be received by 11:59 pm EDT May 1, 2017.  Applications must be received by this deadline even if law school marks for the current year are not yet available.