Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Question about enrollment deadline

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ExL

ExL
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

Hi all,

Just got accepted and I was given till March 2nd to either decide if I am enrolling or not.  I was wondering if there was a "provisional" accept option such as the one given through OLSAS because I do not think I will receive replies from Ontario schools that quickly.

Thank You

#2 lookingaround

lookingaround
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:33 AM

Hi all,

Just got accepted and I was given till March 2nd to either decide if I am enrolling or not.  I was wondering if there was a "provisional" accept option such as the one given through OLSAS because I do not think I will receive replies from Ontario schools that quickly.

Thank You

Well. The March 2nd deadline we have is provisional in the sense that you can withdraw after (and lose the deposit). But no, you can't tell them thanks for the offer, you want to sit on it longer. I think this is the reason for having a relatively early accept deadline - they want to know who's serious about attending to give them an idea about class size and composition. If you were just punting on them, they'll know when you don't accept. If they were your lower choice and you later get in another one, they get your deposit money for it.

#3 lolaya

lolaya
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:05 PM

Well. The March 2nd deadline we have is provisional in the sense that you can withdraw after (and lose the deposit). But no, you can't tell them thanks for the offer, you want to sit on it longer. I think this is the reason for having a relatively early accept deadline - they want to know who's serious about attending to give them an idea about class size and composition. If you were just punting on them, they'll know when you don't accept. If they were your lower choice and you later get in another one, they get your deposit money for it.

just out of curiosity, how much is the deposit? 

#4 lookingaround

lookingaround
  • Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

$300. Credited to course fees if you attend, surrendered if you withdraw,