Notail

Just logged in - Dal doesn't recognize my application?

Has this happened to anyone else here? I never received a confirmation email of any sorts after I submitted my application, and a few days after I submitted my application the website had just said that my application was received. Just now when I tried to log in and see if there were any changes made, the website seems to not recognize my application! Now the website is giving me the same prompts as when I first applied (which program are you applying to, demographic information etc.). Also, when I logged in to LSAC to check on which schools have received my LSAT score, it seems as though Dalhousie has not even requested my LSAT score yet.

Edited by Notail
  • Like 1

This happened to me as well. I called to ask them about it and they said once you apply, the application will disappear and you can no longer see what you submitted. I find it weird that you can't look at the status or anything, but I guess that's just how they do it.

Has this happened to anyone else here? I never received a confirmation email of any sorts after I submitted my application, and a few days after I submitted my application the website had just said that my application was received. Just now when I tried to log in and see if there were any changes made, the website seems to not recognize my application! Now the website is giving me the same prompts as when I first applied (which program are you applying to, demographic information etc.). Also, when I logged in to LSAC to check on which schools have received my LSAT score, it seems as though Dalhousie has not even requested my LSAT score yet.

This is fairly common in the application process. You will not be able to check your application status via their website (which sucks). Once your application is complete they will e-mail you letting you know it is complete and under review. If it is not competitive for the first round they will say this in the same e-mail. As for the LSAT request, I think they are normally slow. I think it was almost a month until I saw their request from my application. I believe they take your LSAT score which you provide them on the application and then just confirm it whenever they make a decision. 

Good luck. 

This happened to me when I applied last year, I was no longer able to access my application to determine if it was under review or not. Unfortunately, I wasn't told when my file was under review. It was a nice surprise in March when I was accepted. What Behind said, this is a common issue.