Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

UM chance for splitters?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 veronicafang

veronicafang
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCoralville

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

So I roughly calculated my Agpa last night, it was somewhere around 3.28, also I went to a US college where they don't have A+, the highest you can go is A.

My Jun LSAT is 167, retaking it again next Jun, will be applying next cycle, so I just wondering, if my LSAT score stays at 167, what's my chance of getting into UM?

Thanks

#2 WpgJD

WpgJD
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:09 PM

Index score formula: (((LSAT - 120) / 60) x 50) + ((AGPA x 50) / 4.5)

Last years early admission cut-off was 75.648 (regular admission cut off was lower, if you contact admissions they'll give you that information)

Edited by WpgJD, 21 December 2016 - 11:11 PM.

#3 lookingaround

lookingaround
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:06 AM

Assuming levels stay about the same you're almost certainly in. WpgJD gave the formula, which means a 167 is worth 39.166666. Taking that away from last year's early admit cutoff needs an agpa of 3.28332 - even if you were wrong giving yourself a 3.28, you're in the ballpark so any drop gets you in.

Cutoffs can change, but Manitoba take highest LSAT, so you've got a good floor.