Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Chances CGPA: 3.12 L2:3.8 LSAT 156, 157,157

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ADDISTOTLE

ADDISTOTLE
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGTA.

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

I took all three of my writes this year, studied hard but my marks don't show it.

UNB is a top choice of mine but i am NOT an atlantic resident.

DO I HAVE A SHOT?

#2 ristiisa

ristiisa
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:25 PM

I took all three of my writes this year, studied hard but my marks don't show it.

UNB is a top choice of mine but i am NOT an atlantic resident.

DO I HAVE A SHOT?

L2 doesn't matter. What does is your GPA with drops. Go onto the UNB law website and figure out your adjusted GPA according to their criteria. Looking now at your stats, a 3.1 without drops, being under the median LSAT (albeit slightly), and not being an Atlantic resident gives you a less-than-ideal shot.

• gbadon likes this

#3 gbadon

gbadon
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

L2 doesn't matter. What does is your GPA with drops. Go onto the UNB law website and figure out your adjusted GPA according to their criteria. Looking now at your stats, a 3.1 without drops, being under the median LSAT (albeit slightly), and not being an Atlantic resident gives you a less-than-ideal shot.

Thank you kindly for the reply. If I did it correctly, my gpa after drops is 3.85
  • gbadon likes this

#4 ristiisa

ristiisa
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:26 AM

Thank you kindly for the reply. If I did it correctly, my gpa after drops is 3.85

Well in that case you're in a much better position. Check some of the older "Accepted" threads for UNB. I think you will find some people with your stats and non-Atlantic who have gotten in.

Cheers