ristiisa

When will we hear back?

21 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard anything from Windsor about when we'll start hearing back?

Well they haven't communicated anything to the applicants via email as far as I know.  Maybe they are waiting for all the OLSAS gpa's to come in?

Well they haven't communicated anything to the applicants via email as far as I know.  Maybe they are waiting for all the OLSAS gpa's to come in?

Yes that's true. I've just been "Referred to admissions committee" for several weeks now and was wondering if any other antsy people like me have inquired to the school or heard anything... I also see some past years on old accepted threads that they haven't sent out decisions until February, however the most recent years have all been December.

Yes that's true. I've just been "Referred to admissions committee" for several weeks now and was wondering if any other antsy people like me have inquired to the school or heard anything... I also see some past years on old accepted threads that they haven't sent out decisions until February, however the most recent years have all been December.

I'm under the impression that because they look more closely at your softs and EC's, that it takes a little more time to start sending out admission offers while they sort through their pool of applicants. Other universities can send out offers fairly early based on high LSAT score/ gpa's.

Good luck!

Edited by Trigger
1 person likes this

I'm under the impression that because they look more closely at your softs and EC's, that it takes a little more time to start sending out admission offers while they sort through their pool of applicants. Other universities can send out offers fairly early based on high LSAT score/ gpa's.

Good luck!

That's a good point, and would definitely benefit me as an applicant (softs quite strong, lowish GPA).

Thank you!

That's a good point, and would definitely benefit me as an applicant (softs quite strong, lowish GPA).

Thank you!

Haha I'm in the same boat!

1 person likes this

My GPA finally showed up on my uWindsor profile for the first time today. So progress is being made :) 

My GPA finally showed up on my uWindsor profile for the first time today. So progress is being made :)

So did mine and I really wish it hadn't lol... It seems lower than I remember from my undergrad days !

Edited by Trigger

Still waiting to hear back from Windsor. Hoping for some good news this week from Windsor.

Mine is still saying "pending review" and says that I don't have certain documents, but I have all the supporting documents uploaded to OLSAS. Anyone else in the same boat? Or should I be contacting Windsor?

Mine is still saying "pending review" and says that I don't have certain documents, but I have all the supporting documents uploaded to OLSAS. Anyone else in the same boat? Or should I be contacting Windsor?

This has been the case for a lot of people including myself. Once your status changes to "referred to admissions committee" it will confirm that all your documents have been received on MyUWindsor. I hope this helps :)

This has been the case for a lot of people including myself. Once your status changes to "referred to admissions committee" it will confirm that all your documents have been received on MyUWindsor. I hope this helps :)

Nice!  Any idea how long it will be at this stage - referred to admissions committee?

Nice!  Any idea how long it will be at this stage - referred to admissions committee?

I'm not too sure, I've been stuck at this stage for about 1 week now. Windsor has been awfully slow this year  :-(

Edited by Lawerup

I'm not too sure, I've been stuck at this stage for about 1 week now. Windsor has been awfully slow this year  :-(

Yes and I hope that the time they are taking does end up with admission.  Good Luck!

1 person likes this

I called today and asked about that and they told me should hear after 1 to 2 weeks from status changing to "referred to admissions committee" 

1 person likes this

I called today and asked about that and they told me should hear after 1 to 2 weeks from status changing to "referred to admissions committee" 

Thank you for the update.  Very much appreciated.

By the way, when you called, did you provide your student id?

Edited by april23jules

Thank you for the update.  Very much appreciated.

By the way, when you called, did you provide your student id?

you're welcome! I did not provide any of my personal info... I am pretty sure you can If you want them to get into specifics but the general answer was good enough for me. Although keep in mind that a few people have posted previously that it could take up to a couple of months so I'm not sure what's accurate at this point. 

you're welcome! I did not provide any of my personal info... I am pretty sure you can If you want them to get into specifics but the general answer was good enough for me. Although keep in mind that a few people have posted previously that it could take up to a couple of months so I'm not sure what's accurate at this point. 

I did try calling last week but was told that they had no idea as it is with the admission committee. Was told that it is a waiting game. Anyways, hoping for the best and admission SOON.. please!

I've been in the "referred to admissions committee" stage for well over a month ..

Hi all!

I just called Windsor to see about the application status as a whole. I asked her because I am still sitting at "pending review" whereas others say "referred to admissions committee". For anyone else in the same boat as me, "pending review" does NOT mean you are missing any of the documents where it says "no" (for example, the reference letters). It purely means that they have not read and reviewed those documents on their end of things. So all pending review means is that they have not completed going through your entire application. She said that if it still says Pending Review by the end of February, to call back and check back in. Hope this helps!

1 person likes this