Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

When will we hear back?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ristiisa

ristiisa
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

Has anyone heard anything from Windsor about when we'll start hearing back?

#2 ChrisSquats

ChrisSquats
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

Has anyone heard anything from Windsor about when we'll start hearing back?

Well they haven't communicated anything to the applicants via email as far as I know.  Maybe they are waiting for all the OLSAS gpa's to come in?

#3 ristiisa

ristiisa
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

Well they haven't communicated anything to the applicants via email as far as I know.  Maybe they are waiting for all the OLSAS gpa's to come in?

Yes that's true. I've just been "Referred to admissions committee" for several weeks now and was wondering if any other antsy people like me have inquired to the school or heard anything... I also see some past years on old accepted threads that they haven't sent out decisions until February, however the most recent years have all been December.

#4 Trigger

Trigger
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

Yes that's true. I've just been "Referred to admissions committee" for several weeks now and was wondering if any other antsy people like me have inquired to the school or heard anything... I also see some past years on old accepted threads that they haven't sent out decisions until February, however the most recent years have all been December.

I'm under the impression that because they look more closely at your softs and EC's, that it takes a little more time to start sending out admission offers while they sort through their pool of applicants. Other universities can send out offers fairly early based on high LSAT score/ gpa's.

Good luck!

Edited by Trigger, 20 December 2016 - 02:56 PM.

• ristiisa likes this

#5 ristiisa

ristiisa
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

I'm under the impression that because they look more closely at your softs and EC's, that it takes a little more time to start sending out admission offers while they sort through their pool of applicants. Other universities can send out offers fairly early based on high LSAT score/ gpa's.

Good luck!

That's a good point, and would definitely benefit me as an applicant (softs quite strong, lowish GPA).

Thank you!

#6 Trigger

Trigger
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

That's a good point, and would definitely benefit me as an applicant (softs quite strong, lowish GPA).

Thank you!

Haha I'm in the same boat!

• ristiisa likes this

#7 chihuahua94

chihuahua94
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

My GPA finally showed up on my uWindsor profile for the first time today. So progress is being made :) 

#8 Trigger

Trigger
  • Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

My GPA finally showed up on my uWindsor profile for the first time today. So progress is being made :)

So did mine and I really wish it hadn't lol... It seems lower than I remember from my undergrad days !

Edited by Trigger, 21 December 2016 - 05:53 PM.