thequeen

Accepted to USask 2017

95 posts in this topic

Did you hand in a LOR to Sask? I did not think they accepted those for the average applicant.

oh tbh I'm not sure I applied to so many schools I don't remember but if they don't generally take them then I didn't submit one! sorry for the confusion!

Long-time lurker, first time poster (I truly appreciate the scores of information in all these pages).

Accepted April 4.

L2 GPA - 3.6...cGCPA - poor (I don't think I need to go any further...)

LSAT - 163

Virtually no EC's, but 5+ years of professional experience (not related to law).

Reasonably strong (I think?) Sask connection, but I am from out of province.

Hope to see many of you soon!

Long-time lurker, first time poster (I truly appreciate the scores of information in all these pages).

Accepted April 4.

L2 GPA - 3.6...cGCPA - poor (I don't think I need to go any further...)

LSAT - 163

Virtually no EC's, but 5+ years of professional experience (not related to law).

Reasonably strong (I think?) Sask connection, but I am from out of province.

Hope to see many of you soon!

Hey! is ur gpa out of 4 or 4.3?

Did you get accepted at other places?

Congratulations nonetheless !! 

Hey! is ur gpa out of 4 or 4.3?

Did you get accepted at other places?

Congratulations nonetheless !! 

On the 4.3 scale (full candour, it's actually pushing closer to the 3.7 side). Sorry, should have stated that.

I didn't apply anywhere else this year. There were a few circumstances (including as I mentioned, a piss-poor cGPA), that made Saskatoon the perfect choice for my particular situation--leaving aside my horrible anxiety with the application process as a whole. 

I was accepted on March 28

L2: 3.75

LSAT: 159

I will be declining. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I was accepted on March 28

L2: 3.75

LSAT: 159

I will be declining. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

congrats

where are you heading?

and 3/75 out of 4?

This may be the wrong place to post this - Curious what people think my chances are as Sask was one that I was hopeful on. 

Undergrad CGPA: 3.08 (77%)

- Last 2 years GPA: 3.25 (81.3%)

Also did a post grad program (college) as a Paralegal CGPA: 3.8 (95%)

- Have been working in this capacity for 4 years now

LSAT: rewrote 5 times (highest was 158)

Fingers crossed and thanks!

Do you have any connection to Saskatchewan? If you do, you have an outside shot of making it in with those numbers. With no Sask. connection, no chance.

Are you sure your GPA is 3.25 though? That sounds low for 81.3%. Convert it to Saskatchewan's 4.3 scale. Case in point, this is from Saskatchewan's admissions page:

Past experience indicates that, as a general rule, successful applicants have a grade point average of 3.7 or better on a 4.3 point scale (approximately a B+ or 80% average) in pre-law studies, and score 159 or higher on the LSAT. 

Saskatchewan actually has issues calculating its own GPA apparently, but you should re-check your GPA.

Edited by McSweeney

Happy to be accepted. On April 19th. Received an email, but no change on the school website.

cgpa: 2.55

L2: 3.85/4

LSAT: 161 (only write)

Acceptance due date: May 12th

Have not been accepted anywhere else in Ontario

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, TooManyDegrees said:

That link isn't working for me. Is there any chance you can post it again? 

First off, congrats on the acceptance. See you in the fall!

I don't really want to accuse anyone of anything untoward, but I have a feeling that's a spam link (by all means, please correct me if I'm wrong)--full disclosure: I clicked it as well. I have a feeling though, that some "official" USask account would have more than one post on this entire site. I did join the above mentioned Law Social Group link posted by gracie94, though. Good stuff there.

I suppose since the record has not been set straight on this anyone who visits this thread will be misinformed.  Through contact with current students I can say with certainty this is the official page.  There is likely only one post considering (1) school has not really started there's nothing to communicate and (2) not many people who are actually in the class of 2020 have joined the group.