HopefulLawyer96

Accepted to Alberta 2017

Posted (edited)

Hey guys!

Quick question...my Bear Tracks application status has been reading "Decision Pending" for about a month now...has anyone else had this status for that long?

Don't rely on Bear Tracks at all. Honestly, they update it quite often early on in the cycle, but during peak times it can be months before you see an update. Check your e-mail regularly. When I got my offer, Bear Tracks still said my personal statement was outstanding.

Edited by GameTime180

Just declined my seat at UofA as I plan on going to UofC.

Best of luck to all waiting.

In regards to what others were saying about bear tracks being out of date, beartracks also said my personal statement was still pending when I received my offer.

Hey guys!

Quick question...my Bear Tracks application status has been reading "Decision Pending" for about a month now...has anyone else had this status for that long?

Mine has been like this since late January. Hoping to have that change sooner rather than later.

Accepted about a month ago, got offered one of the entrance scholarships last week.

3.8, 167 LSAT

Not sure if I will accept or not, as I also got accepted to UVic and their co-op program is very appealing.

Accepted about a month ago, got offered one of the entrance scholarships last week.

3.8, 167 LSAT

Not sure if I will accept or not, as I also got accepted to UVic and their co-op program is very appealing.

I picked my undergraduate degree based on co-op program. It worked out pretty well for me, but you don't need to go to a co-op school to secure a summer job.

Got called this evening, no email or updated Bear Tracks for me either.

L2: 3.66

LSAT: 160

congrats! do you mind me asking what your softs were like?

congrats! do you mind me asking what your softs were like?

He got accepted in mid-Feb, which means his acceptance was purely based on numbers. Softs will play little to no role until way later in the cycle, and even then, I'm told it doesn't hold that much weight compared to numbers. 

• Like 2

Offer extended in January

3.3 cGPA

3.5 L2

experience in a law office, 7+ years work in other fields

I've chosen U of Calgary.... so a spot will open up. :) Congrats everyone! 

Does anyone know if the holistic review started or if admissions is still being granted on the basis of stats alone?

Does anyone know if the holistic review started or if admissions is still being granted on the basis of stats alone?

Pretty sure it's still stats, I think the holistic review/waitlist won't start 'till like summertime.

• Like 1

Just as an FYI, I have accepted my offer. Looking forward to meeting everyone in September, and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear back!

• Like 1

There will likely be another round of stats based offers this month and another round of holistic offers this month or the next, nothing is certain though.

Posted (edited)

First offer I've received!! Will be accepting!!! So excited to meet everyone in September! 3.61 159

Edited by HanShotFirst
  • Like 7

Just got my email!

Complete surprise.. was fully prepared for a rejection email.

See you guys in September.

Just got my email!

Complete surprise.. was fully prepared for a rejection email.

See you guys in September.

Congrats! - mind sharing stats?

Congrats! - mind sharing stats?

Thanks!

154 LSAT (yikes, I know..) L2 GPA around 3.8

7+ years experience in a law firm, which might explain the admission considering the low stats.. I'm not sure if they are in holistic review yet.

Hey, just a heads up to everyone still waiting to hear, I was talking with admissions and the offers that went out yesterday were considered the second round of offers, there is still a holistic round of offers before the waitlist is released.