HopefulLawyer96

Accepted to Alberta 2017

For anyone interested - cleaning out closet and looking to get rid of popular 1L pre-reading books Getting to Maybe and The Law School Book (see links). 

https://www.amazon.ca/Law-School-Book-Succeeding/dp/1552211738/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1501862647&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=law+school+book+allan+hutchison 

https://www.amazon.ca/Getting-Maybe-Excel-School-Exams-ebook/dp/B004Z1JT34/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501862743&sr=1-1&keywords=getting+to+maybe 

Can throw in a hardcover Black's Law Dictionary for free as well. $50 OBO, please PM if interested.

Didn't want to open a new thread, so I'll just ask it here. 

I'm signed up for the Sept. LSAT. Planning to send in my application right after I do the test. But I might have to postpone the test for Dec. Is there any major disadvantage in sending in the application right before the deadline? I'm really hoping I can be ready for the Sept. sitting, but if I'm not, I have no choice to postpone since Alberta averages the scores (don't want to risk it). 

9 hours ago, Abii said:

Didn't want to open a new thread, so I'll just ask it here. 

I'm signed up for the Sept. LSAT. Planning to send in my application right after I do the test. But I might have to postpone the test for Dec. Is there any major disadvantage in sending in the application right before the deadline? I'm really hoping I can be ready for the Sept. sitting, but if I'm not, I have no choice to postpone since Alberta averages the scores (don't want to risk it). 

I sent in my application on Nov 1 (or whenever it's due) and only wrote the Dec test, so they didn't receive my score until early January. I was accepted in mid January, so no delay for me! For the majority of people applying for Sept 2018, the case will be the same, since they have to wait for fall grades anyway, I believe. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 10:29 PM, ElleWoodsJr said:

Requested to join the group but peeps are loafting on accepting the request. :/

Keep not getting the notices for replies - did someone accept the request for you?

On August 11, 2017 at 11:08 PM, Tanako said:

Keep not getting the notices for replies - did someone accept the request for you?

Yes I was let in about a week later.