HopefulLawyer96

Accepted to Alberta 2017

Accepted Wednesday!

L2: 3.55

LSAT 155/158

Completely shocked and honoured! Will however be declining for an Ontario school so hopefully my spot goes to someone on these forums!

Which ON school are you going to if you don't mind me asking?

Which ON school are you going to if you don't mind me asking?

I have provisionally accepted Windsor

Does anyone know how fast it takes to get your package in the mail after getting the email?

Also if anyone was wondering, the admissions rep said beartracks would be updated early this week.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know how fast it takes to get your package in the mail after getting the email?

Also if anyone was wondering, the admissions rep said beartracks would be updated early this week.

Took about two weeks after the email to receive my package (the package is 2 pieces of paper btw). 

Edited by GameTime180
  • Like 1

Took about two weeks after the email to receive my package (the package is 2 pieces of paper btw). 

​Thanks! I was hoping that it would be here sooner since I live in Edmonton, but maybe this just means I should email Heather again in a week if it still isn't here. 

Posted (edited)

​Thanks! I was hoping that it would be here sooner since I live in Edmonton, but maybe this just means I should email Heather again in a week if it still isn't here. 

You will probably get it earlier in that case. I'm in Toronto and it took 2 weeks. All the 'package' does is tell you how to formally accept your offer: sending in a $500 deposit, a passport style photo, and filling out a short form, which needs to be scanned and sent back to the law admissions email. I waited until a few days before the deadline before submitting my official acceptance package and everything was received on time, so don't worry (sent everything through 2 day express delivery via Canada Post). 

Edit: the deposit can be paid through Bear Tracks and the photo/offer form can be scanned and emailed to law.admissions email. You can do all of this in a matter of 10 minutes to formally accept. I chose to send in a package through post, but quicker options are available if you're concerned.

Edited by GameTime180

I received mine 4 days after the email.

For those accepted who are still in fourth year, is your offer conditional on anything?

Fourth year here. Acceptance was conditional on fall term marks but they've since removed the condition since marks should be in by now.

• Like 2

I am curious to know, when dose everyone who got accepted this time around have to pay their commitment fee or deposit by? 

Totally missed this lol, I was given until April 21 to accept, I'm assuming its the same for everyone else who was accepted on April 3.

I got my letter today. I was admitted on the 12th, have until the 3rd to accept. 

Fourth year here. Acceptance was conditional on fall term marks but they've since removed the condition since marks should be in by now.

Thanks. So I take it no conditions on your winter marks (that come out around May)?

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎18 at 7:07 PM, Lion said:

Thanks. So I take it no conditions on your winter marks (that come out around May)?

If it says accepted on beartracks you should be good. Considering I got my acceptance before winter grades came out (with no provisional condition) winter grades shouldn't have any impact on your application. 

On 4/11/2017 at 7:55 PM, clodhopper said:

Received my offer in the mail dated April 3, 2017.

cGPA 3.55

LSAT 160

6 years of work in immigration law, published during my undergrad, and a relatively compelling personal statement.

Likely declining my offer in favour of another school I heard from a while ago.

I've just declined my offer in favour of U of C. More feasible to stay at home given certain personal circumstances. I hope someone lucky can take my spot! Good luck.

Received an email offer April 12th. Have declined in favour of UVic, best of luck to those still waiting!

L2: 3.45

LSAT: 162 average (157, 167)

Just got the email today. 155 and a hair under 3.7

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I received an offer via email yesterday afternoon... 

GPA: 3.58 

LSAT average: 159 

Well written personal statement, but nothing special as far as extra curriculars go. 

Will definitely be accepting!

Edited by sydster

Rejected my UofA offer. I hope my seat goes to one of you guys!

3 hours ago, PropJoe said:

Rejected my UofA offer. I hope my seat goes to one of you guys!

out of curiosity, what school did you reject them for?