HopefulLawyer96

Accepted to Alberta 2017

Hey, just a heads up to everyone still waiting to hear, I was talking with admissions and the offers that went out yesterday were considered the second round of offers, there is still a holistic round of offers before the waitlist is released.

Thanks for the info. Does this mean that the offers which sent yesterday were the only offers for the second round? 

Thanks for the info. Does this mean that the offers which sent yesterday were the only offers for the second round? 

I don't know for sure, I'd assume those were the only second round offers but you'd have to ask admissions. If your index is the same as, or higher than, mine or MissSpecter's than I would expect more offers for the second round.

• Like 1

First offer I've received!! Will be accepting!!! So excited to meet everyone in September! 3.61 159

Congrats, Han!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know for sure, I'd assume those were the only second round offers but you'd have to ask admissions. If your index is the same as, or higher than, mine or MissSpecter's than I would expect more offers for the second round.

Which index formula are you referring to? There are two right?

Also, if there is no holistic review yet and there are still higher indexes than MissSpecter, then why wouldn't they have been admitted by now?

Edited by Lion

Posted (edited)

Which index formula are you referring to? There are two right?

Also, if there is no holistic review yet and there are still higher indexes than MissSpecter, then why wouldn't they have been admitted by now?

GPA*22.5 + LSAT > 243

GPA*22 + LSAT > 240 

This is what I've heard being used, but no one really knows for sure. Someone with a higher index score than a recent admit will be accepted, so I'd say it's just a matter of time. Offers usually come in waves, sometimes over a few days, a week, etc., so there's a chance the rest of the round is going to be offered very soon (if the entire second round didn't go out). 

Edit: those numbers in the formula are for the first round. It has obviously been lowered at this point in the cycle, so don't use 243 and 240 as a reference to admissions anymore. It looks like it's closer to ~240 and ~237 now.

Edited by GameTime180
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

So... has anyone heard if they are done with offers based upon stats? Based upon the acceptance thread from last year it seemed as though after April 4th offers, they put out a waiting list in May based upon a holistic review.

Edited by Lion

Posted (edited)

So... has anyone heard if they are done with offers based upon stats? Based upon the acceptance thread from last year it seemed as though after April 4th offers, they put out a waiting list in May based upon a holistic review.

Best thing to do is to email admissions and get the answer from them.

Edited by HanShotFirst

I am curious to know, when dose everyone who got accepted this time around have to pay their commitment fee or deposit by? 

Received my offer a week ago and will be accepting! Excited to see everyone in the fall!

Received my offer a week ago and will be accepting! Excited to see everyone in the fall!

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Received my offer in the mail dated April 3, 2017.

cGPA 3.55

LSAT 160

6 years of work in immigration law, published during my undergrad, and a relatively compelling personal statement.

Likely declining my offer in favour of another school I heard from a while ago.

Received my offer in the mail dated April 3, 2017.

cGPA 3.55

LSAT 160

6 years of work in immigration law, published during my undergrad, and a relatively compelling personal statement.

Likely declining my offer in favour of another school I heard from a while ago.

For the sake of others that are waiting, do you mind sharing your L2? UofA uses your last 60 credits for admissions purposes. 

Just got accepted today via email

L60 3.2

LSAT 166

Undergrad was Engineering so had to have taken that into account. Fairly good personal statement and two years of volunteer experience. Also took my undergrad at the U of A.

Good luck to all those waiting to hear back. Based on my grades I would say there is some pretty good hope for everyone else.

Just got an email today!

Will be accepting!

Congrats! What were your stats?

accepted today

also engineering grad from u of a

Congrats! What were your stats?

3.4 161

Current U of A student in BioSci. Extensive research and EC experience.

For the sake of others that are waiting, do you mind sharing your L2? UofA uses your last 60 credits for admissions purposes. 

I'm not even sure tbh - around 3.7 I'd say.

• Like 1

Accepted Wednesday!

L2: 3.55

LSAT 155/158

Completely shocked and honoured! Will however be declining for an Ontario school so hopefully my spot goes to someone on these forums!

• Like 2