116 posts in this topic

Accepted as of December 20th

Stats:

cGPA: 3.2

L2: 3.56

LSAT: 161

Posted (edited)

I emailed admissions, the early index cutoff was 75.648

I know that this was the cut-off for 2016/17 did you happen to ask what they used as the cut off for this application session? or did it just happen to stay the exact same?

Edited by lawdreams

I know that this was the cut-off for 2016/17 did you happen to ask what they used as the cut off for this application session? or did it just happen to stay the exact same?

the cut-off just happens to be the same as it was last year, according to admissions dept

So my Index score (according to my own calculations) was 75.83, but for some reason I didn't get accepted in the early cycle. Could this be because I also took the Dec lsat (in addition to Sept.) and took classes this term? I'm freaking out that I made a mistake in the application process or something. Beside my application it just says "payment received, ready for review". 

So my Index score (according to my own calculations) was 75.83, but for some reason I didn't get accepted in the early cycle. Could this be because I also took the Dec lsat (in addition to Sept.) and took classes this term? I'm freaking out that I made a mistake in the application process or something. Beside my application it just says "payment received, ready for review". 

are you sure that you self-calculated your GPA in accordance with UofM's conversion table? It's on a 4.5 scale. I don't think it matters if you wrote the test in December also. If your index was high enough they would just auto-admit you without waiting for the Dec score. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like you've just made a mistake in calculating your index. 

are you sure that you self-calculated your GPA in accordance with UofM's conversion table? It's on a 4.5 scale. I don't think it matters if you wrote the test in December also. If your index was high enough they would just auto-admit you without waiting for the Dec score. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like you've just made a mistake in calculating your index. 

It's definitely right, but it's including this terms grades (released last week) which were 3 As, so that probably brought it up a bit and thats why i didn't get into the early cycle, that would make sense I guess lol. 

It's definitely right, but it's including this terms grades (released last week) which were 3 As, so that probably brought it up a bit and thats why i didn't get into the early cycle, that would make sense I guess lol. 

Ya i think that's right, cause my score will be close to your 75.83 and I am still waiting on december marks to be released and will need them to get above the cut off.. so i'm assuming they'll just wait until the final day of posting final marks - if that makes sense 

So my GPA is now 3.54 with drops and I got 169 on the December LSAT. Does anyone know when I should find out if i'm in or not? 

So my GPA is now 3.54 with drops and I got 169 on the December LSAT. Does anyone know when I should find out if i'm in or not? 

Sorry, 3.52 not 3.54. 

Second round of offers was early February last year, I wouldn't be too worried if I were you.

Sorry, 3.52 not 3.54. 

thats a 3.52 on manitoba's 4.5 scale? if so, your index score would be almost 80. given past accepted threads you should get in next round 

thats a 3.52 on manitoba's 4.5 scale? if so, your index score would be almost 80. given past accepted threads you should get in next round 

Yeah, that's on Manitoba's scale, I converted it like 5 times to double check lol. Hoping I get in, super nervous lol. 

Yeah, that's on Manitoba's scale, I converted it like 5 times to double check lol. Hoping I get in, super nervous lol. 

ok, nice! can't imagine you wouldnt get in with that number. Like HanShot said, second round started on Feb 3rd last year. I'd start F5'ing my email around Feb 1st if I were you!

Admitted today

3.95/4.5

162 LSAT

Given until March 2 to accept, will be declining

EDIT: Got the date wrong whoops

Edited by howdydo

First Acceptance of the year!!

AGPA: 3.68

LSAT: 163

INDEX: 76.72

Have until march 2 to accept, likely declining

Accepted!  

CGPA 3.28  (not sure what it is on the AGPA thing) 

LSAT 160 

not sure what to do at this point. i guess i'll accept and wait and see what happens

Just got the acceptance letter! Index score 79 point something. So excited, this is my first acceptance.