SassyLaw07

Accepted to Manitoba 2017

116 posts in this topic

Did everyone's status stay at "payment received, ready for review" until you got accepted?

Did everyone's status stay at "payment received, ready for review" until you got accepted?

Yep

WOW!  I'm in!  My first acceptance!

LSAT:  165

GPA w/ drops: 3.43

Index Score: 75.611111 (repeating, of course)

I am a mature student who has opened and owned a restaurant for the past 9 years.  I think my LOR's were pretty good, but not stellar, and i have zero volunteer experience.  

My second choice behind Ottawa, so I haven't decided if I'm going to accept yet.  

Good luck to everyone waiting!

LOR for U of M?

if you're not in the general or index category, you require supplementary documents, like LORs.

LOR for U of M?

They're accepted for individual consideration. With that index, app was probably moved into regular category, where the LORs wouldn't be relevant.

Got in on the 13th.

LSAT 159

cgpa 3.48 (probably 3.7-3.8 with drops)

is that your agpa on the manitoba scale?

is that your agpa on the manitoba scale?

No 3.48 is my cgpa on OLSAS. I never tried converting it to the agpa scale, but it would be higher for sure.

No 3.48 is my cgpa on OLSAS. I never tried converting it to the agpa scale, but it would be higher for sure.

Congrats that's amazing!! I just have a few quick questions(feel free to ignore lol)!

How many years of your undergrad have you done/ would U of M have also added drops on top of that(they do if you have already completed 90 credits by now)?

I am wondering as I am a 159 LSAT with a 3.84/4.5 gpa(no drops to be made unfortunately) and therefore 75.167 index. I expect if I get in it will be via wait list sometime between March and June.

Also- were you in index category?

Thanks! :)

Congrats that's amazing!! I just have a few quick questions(feel free to ignore lol)!

How many years of your undergrad have you done/ would U of M have also added drops on top of that(they do if you have already completed 90 credits by now)?

I am wondering as I am a 159 LSAT with a 3.84/4.5 gpa(no drops to be made unfortunately) and therefore 75.167 index. I expect if I get in it will be via wait list sometime between March and June.

Also- were you in index category?

Thanks! :)

Thanks! I am currently in 4th year, and have completed over 90 credits (at the time I applied). So with drops (I think they drop the 6 lowest half courses), my cgpa would go up to a 3.7 or 3.8, and converted to a 4.5 scale would probably be a 3.9-3.95. Yes I was in the index category. Sounds to me like you're really close so I'm sure it's just a matter of time (fingers crossed)! Good luck!

Have any of you received entrance scholarship information with your offer or after your offer?

Edited by Samiam1

Have any of you received entrance scholarship information with your offer or after your offer?

I did, my characteristic statement is due today, the 20th of Dec as I did it include it in my original application

Does anyone know what the index cut off was for the first round?

If you want it for sure, best to call them and ask, that's the only way anyone will know.

Going through this thread, the lowest accepted figure so far is 74.72222 (although that was with a gpa as 'probably after drops', so uncertain. I took the highest). Few in the 75 range. Looks like a relatively generous year (someone in last year's accepted thread said they called & it was 75.687)

If you want it for sure, best to call them and ask, that's the only way anyone will know.

Going through this thread, the lowest accepted figure so far is 74.72222 (although that was with a gpa as 'probably after drops', so uncertain. I took the highest). Few in the 75 range. Looks like a relatively generous year (someone in last year's accepted thread said they called & it was 75.687)

I don't think the lowest accepted would be 74.722 otherwise ANG would have also found out on the 13th, KantLockemeout said the 3.7-3.8 was before transferring to the 4.5 scale. Last year people were getting accepted up to at least #58 on the waitlist so I doubt anyone who was close to getting an early offer needs to worry about getting accepted. But that's just speculation.

I don't think the lowest accepted would be 74.722 otherwise ANG would have also found out on the 13th, KantLockemeout said the 3.7-3.8 was before transferring to the 4.5 scale. Last year people were getting accepted up to at least #58 on the waitlist so I doubt anyone who was close to getting an early offer needs to worry about getting accepted. But that's just speculation.

You're right, I didn't see their later post clarifying the scale. In that case chiahuahua's agpa must be higher than calculated as well, as the agpa they have of 3.53 comes to 75, which is still slightly lower than ANG.