pennyh7

Waitlisted at Calgary 2017

73 posts in this topic

Hi Malina,

I've noticed the accepted to Calgary 2017 thread has been fairly dormant over the part 10 days. Is this because the offers currently out are equal to the number of spots available, and if so, when is the deadline for these candidates to accept / reject their offer? 

I can't answer the first part of your question, but I can answer the second. The deadline in my acceptance letter said March 31st. I'm assuming acceptances will be coming in soon after that date.

1 person likes this

Will be declining my offer. I really hope someone here gets the spot!

Much appreciated! Everyone who declines gives me more hope. Im going a little crazy thinking about what I will be doing in september.

2 people like this

I can't answer the first part of your question, but I can answer the second. The deadline in my acceptance letter said March 31st. I'm assuming acceptances will be coming in soon after that date.

Just curious, what happens to the people who haven't heard back from UoC yet? No rejection, no waitlist, no acceptance. Is the order of admissions (after people have turned acceptances down), are those spots first given to the people who got waitlisted? 

Do the people who have currently not heard back from UoC only accepted until the waitlist is gone? 

I still have not heard anything back from UoC and this wait is just brutal right now. If anyone can provide some information that would be much appreciated.

Edited by Username3333
1 person likes this

We haven't. If it becomes apparent at any point that a waitlisted applicant will not receive an offer, we will notify them right away; however, it is too early to know that right now.

-Malina

Hi Malina,

I was wondering if there are still applicants who have yet to be contacted with a decision? (whether accepted, wait-listed or rejected) I still have not heard anything back from UoC Admissions and am beginning to worry. Thanks!

Hi Malina,

I was wondering if there are still applicants who have yet to be contacted with a decision? (whether accepted, wait-listed or rejected) I still have not heard anything back from UoC Admissions and am beginning to worry. Thanks!

I'm in the same spot as you, still patiently waiting.

Hi Malina,

I've noticed the accepted to Calgary 2017 thread has been fairly dormant over the part 10 days. Is this because the offers currently out are equal to the number of spots available, and if so, when is the deadline for these candidates to accept / reject their offer? 

A very small percentage of applicants actively post here on a regular basis, so it's hard to see the full picture. A good example of this is that we definitely don't send things out on just Fridays, but somehow it seems that most active posters have been getting their notifications on Fridays this cycle. Every time I've personally sent things out on a non-Friday this year, I've been crossing my fingers that they are a poster.

Every fall, many 1Ls tell me that they lurked on the forums during the admissions process. (Hi out there!)

Just curious, what happens to the people who haven't heard back from UoC yet? No rejection, no waitlist, no acceptance. Is the order of admissions (after people have turned acceptances down), are those spots first given to the people who got waitlisted? 

Do the people who have currently not heard back from UoC only accepted until the waitlist is gone? 

I still have not heard anything back from UoC and this wait is just brutal right now. If anyone can provide some information that would be much appreciated.

Assessment of applications is still ongoing, no different than before; they are not affected by the waitlist.

Hi Malina,

Everyone will receive either an offer, regrets, or waitlist notification by the end of June. Last year we beat our goal and had all of the notifications out by early May. I can't make guarantees, but I think we're on-track to beat our goal again.

Please don't worry: you are not the only one still waiting, and we are working very hard to get back to everyone as quickly as possible.

Cheers!

-Malina

2 people like this

I was waitlisted on March 3rd. Devastated... =(

Hoping beyond hope that I get an offer soon. Anyone know when the next round of offers expire? I'll be counting down to that day.

Lsat 155, 157

cGPA 3.35

L2 3.35

ECs - 10 years of work and volunteer experience, mostly in sales.

I'm accepted at Lakehead and Windsor but I want Calgary (or even TRU).  Sending positive vibes out to everyone else waiting! 

(sire note: When I went for a tour of the law school, my tour guide told me that a couple of people she knew were offered admission in August right before school started. YIKES!. Didn't really think that happened IRL).

1 person likes this

I was waitlisted on March 3rd. Devastated... =(

Hoping beyond hope that I get an offer soon. Anyone know when the next round of offers expire? I'll be counting down to that day.

Lsat 155, 157

cGPA 3.35

L2 3.35

ECs - 10 years of work and volunteer experience, mostly in sales.

I'm accepted at Lakehead and Windsor but I want Calgary (or even TRU). Sending positive vibes out to everyone else waiting!

(sire note: When I went for a tour of the law school, my tour guide told me that a couple of people she knew were offered admission in August right before school started. YIKES!. Didn't really think that happened IRL).

I think the positive outlook for this is that they are still waitlisting people. They could have easily said 'well we aren't going to accept anyone else, so lets just send out rejections'.

I've heard that they try to keep the waitlist relatively small, so that the people on it actually have a chance to get in. They aren't serving up tons of false hope.

Lets all hope for the best.

Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone knows when the latest (on average) waitlist applicants will hear whether they are accepted / rejected to U of C? I know everyone receives regrets, waitlists or offers by end of June... but I wanted to know if anyone knew if there is a typical time frame for waitlisted applicants. Thanks! 

I second Penny's question!

Any recent movement on the waitlist? I was put on the waitlist mid April but have not heard anything since. For those of you interested in the stats, 5 years of experience with a big corporation with some time specifically with their legal/risk department, grad degree, around a 86 average for GPA and average LSAT. 

Accepted to TRU and a few schools out east and still waiting to hear from UBC but would really be interested in hearing from Calgary. I will trade someone a spot at TRU or Osgoode for a calgary seat :)... .  

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎23 at 11:16 PM, mrjonesandi said:

I second Penny's question!

Any recent movement on the waitlist? I was put on the waitlist mid April but have not heard anything since. For those of you interested in the stats, 5 years of experience with a big corporation with some time specifically with their legal/risk department, grad degree, around a 86 average for GPA and average LSAT. 

Accepted to TRU and a few schools out east and still waiting to hear from UBC but would really be interested in hearing from Calgary. I will trade someone a spot at TRU or Osgoode for a calgary seat :)... .  

haha if only we could trade spots :lol:

Edited by 2017applicantedm