sjb5152

Chances for 2018 entry [4.04]

cGPA 4.04/4.3

LSAT: not written yet

I know that's not much to go off of but I am a recent med school applicant turned law applicant.

I have extensive work and volunteer experience and was born in NB (currently NS resident).

I will be writing the LSAT in June which I believe is early enough for the 2018 entry application cycle. If I score above a 150 are my odds okay? I am obviously looking to score as high as possible so I am hoping for something more along the lines of 160-165.

averages are 3.8 and 158, but for Maritime residents the standards are a little lower, you should be guaranteed in with a 155+

a 152-153 will not PROBABLY get you in. That's a very low mark at ANY school? do you have any proof of people with that mark getting accepted?

I'm the proof. I go to UNB, got a 152. I know quite a few people at my school who are in that range, or lower (though they are typically transfer students). Nothing is impossible.

Edited by chvrches
  • Like 1

I'm the proof. I go to UNB, got a 152. I know quite a few people at my school who are in that range, or lower (though they are typically transfer students). Nothing is impossible.

Transfers from where, out of curiosity?

I know 3 people who attend UNB who had either a 152 or 153 LSAT. HOWEVER, they had really good GPA's and were, from what I can tell, pretty smart individuals. UNB weights the GPA 60% and the LSAT 40% so it's possible without a doubt. 

Transfers from where, out of curiosity?

Two of them were transfers out of Australia, one out of the US. Most people transfer out of UNB, not in.