Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Early Admissions Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lawdreams

lawdreams
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:15 PM

I know U of M says they take into consideration your Fall grades in figuring out admissions - but how does that work for early offers, seeing as I currently don't have enough credits (without my fall grades) to drop my lowest marks.. will this completely discount me from the early offers? 

If it does ... how do the next couple rounds of offers work?

#2 Samiam1

Samiam1
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:26 AM

I know U of M says they take into consideration your Fall grades in figuring out admissions - but how does that work for early offers, seeing as I currently don't have enough credits (without my fall grades) to drop my lowest marks.. will this completely discount me from the early offers?

If it does ... how do the next couple rounds of offers work?

Everything had to be completed and submitted by Nov 1 to be considered for early admission. If you had the minimum required credits (so without drops) on your transcript when you applied then you will be considered.

I believe the second round of offers go out after the Dec LSAT scores are released.

Edited by Samiam1, 30 November 2016 - 05:31 AM.

#3 ristiisa

ristiisa
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 09:55 AM

Everything had to be completed and submitted by Nov 1 to be considered for early admission. If you had the minimum required credits (so without drops) on your transcript when you applied then you will be considered.

I believe the second round of offers go out after the Dec LSAT scores are released.

Do you know if the September LSAT would be considered completed and submitted by this date? Because my application page only started to show recently that they had received my score.

#4 Samiam1

Samiam1
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:39 PM

Do you know if the September LSAT would be considered completed and submitted by this date? Because my application page only started to show recently that they had received my score.

I think so. I think you just had to have sat the September LSAT to be considered for early admission. I could be wrong.

#5 yasgirlslay

yasgirlslay
  • Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

It says on the application bulletin that the last possible LSAT you could write to be eligible for early admission is September 2016. You're not wrong.