Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Windsor can see what schools we applied to?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chihuahua94

chihuahua94
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:24 PM

I recently logged onto my Windsor account and noticed that on my application it shows what other law schools I've applied to. I know that nobody can be sure, but does anyone have any idea if where else we applied plays a significant role in Windsor's admissions?

Also, does anyone know if other law schools can also see where else we applied, or is this unique to Windsor? 

#2 divalawyer

divalawyer
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:27 PM

Did you apply outside Ontario? If so, are they shown as well?

#3 dparkus

dparkus
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:42 PM

I'm curious about this as well.

Did you apply outside Ontario? If so, are they shown as well?

I don't think so. Pretty sure it's only because of OLSAS that they have this information.

I could be wrong though.

#4 whereverjustice

whereverjustice
  • Moderators
  • 4357 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:52 PM

All Ontario law schools know what other Ontario law schools you've applied to.

#5 Ghalm

Ghalm
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

All Ontario law schools know what other Ontario law schools you've applied to.

Do you by any chance know if an ontario law school can view the personal statements you sent to other ontario law schools?

Edited by Ghalm, 29 November 2016 - 01:58 PM.

#6 whereverjustice

whereverjustice
  • Moderators
  • 4357 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:59 PM

Do you by any chance know if an ontario law school can view the personal statements you sent to other ontario law schools?

As of 2010 they could not (nor would they care to). That could have changed in the meantime but I doubt it.

#7 Ghalm

Ghalm
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:02 PM

As of 2010 they could not (nor would they care to). That could have changed in the meantime but I doubt it.

Thanks! 

#8 healthlaw

healthlaw
  • Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationAnus of the universe (apparently)

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:44 AM

Most (if not all) applicants apply to multiple schools. This isn't a slight to the schools and they won't take it as such. Even if they could read your personal statements to other schools (and I doubt they can or would want to) it wouldn't affect your application in the least

#9 Hegdis

Hegdis
  • Moderators
  • 7181 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:08 PM

I remember it kind of felt like dating several people at once and wondering if they ever got together to talk about you and how serious your relationship to each of them was.

Not a nice feeling.