harveyspecter993

Does Western put more emphasis on CGPA or L2?

8 posts in this topic

Based on what I've heard/read, your initial ranking is based on your CGPA, then they consider your L2 and softs when they get to your application (I could be getting this mixed up with Queens). As far as the weighting from there, I think it's hard to give a definitive answer on whether it's 50:50 or 60:40 etc. What I do know is that it helps to have a strong L2 (and LSAT as well as softs), if you have a weak CGPA.

Disclaimer: I'm only an applicant, so I'm still in the middle of figuring this out myself.

Edited by dparkus

Based on what I've heard/read, your initial ranking is based on your CGPA, then they consider your L2 and softs when they get to your application (I could be getting this mixed up with Queens). As far as the weighting from there, I think it's hard to give a definitive answer on whether it's 50:50 or 60:40 etc. What I do know is that it helps to have a strong L2 (and LSAT as well as softs), if you have a weak CGPA.

Disclaimer: I'm only an applicant, so I'm still in the middle of figuring this out myself.

They actually say they place more emphasis on your L2

http://law.uwo.ca/future_students/jd_admissions/admissions_FAQ/grades_and_courses.html

1 person likes this

probably more of a L2 emphasis, my cgpa was 3.07, L2 like 3.7 and im at western now

Omygod, you give me hope...that's so close to my stats

My L2 blows my CGPA out of the water, so I hope there's more of an emphasis on the former haha.

1 person likes this

Do you mind sharing your LSAT score?

wrote it 3 times, best was a 169, but I am certain I was accepted on my score of 162 (I was accepted to Western before I got the results that I scored a 169)

1 person likes this