Pazerudael

Chances? (L2 3.42, LSAT 155)

Pazerudael    4

Would you be able to tell me what my chances are of getting into Dalhousie? If there's no chance whatsoever, I don't want to bother my references with filling everything out - I'll try again next year (better GPA + retaking LSAT).

cGPA: 3.09

L2: 3.42

L3: 3.25

B2: 3.41

B3: 3.25

Many thanks, everyone. :)

Hon    31

Are you a Maritime resident? And is that your GPA on a 4.3 scale? I have heard from an admissions officer (take it with a grain of salt) that Maritime residents require an index of 80+ (60% GPA on %, 40% LSAT on Percentile) in order to be admitted, and that non-residents need around an 85+. A 3.42 (on a 4.3 scale) is about 79%, and a 155 is about 65%. So your chances are not great - a 160+ would give you a much better chance though! And remember, people get accepted with lower stats all time time. The indexes I have given are, on my understanding, what guarantees acceptance.

Edited by Hon

Pazerudael    4

Are you a Maritime resident? And is that your GPA on a 4.3 scale? I have heard from an admissions officer (take it with a grain of salt) that Maritime residents require an index of 80+ (60% GPA on %, 40% LSAT on Percentile) in order to be admitted, and that non-residents need around an 85+. A 3.42 (on a 4.3 scale) is about 79%, and a 155 is about 65%. So your chances are not great - a 160+ would give you a much better chance though! 

I'm definitely not a resident.  My father lives there and I spend a great amount of time visiting (and one of the reasons I would like to go there). I'm not entirely sure if that's my grade on the 4.3 scale (I used the http://lsutil.azurewebsites.net/CGPA tool). But ultimately you would recommend I hold off on applying to Dalhousie this year to get a better LSAT/GPA? I have nothing against waiting a year. :)

Pazerudael    4

wondering about my chances with a 3.8 and 157, am a Maritimer!

You have a way better chance than me - I hope you get in! Crossing my fingers for you. :)

Hon    31

I'm definitely not a resident.  My father lives there and I spend a great amount of time visiting (and one of the reasons I would like to go there). I'm not entirely sure if that's my grade on the 4.3 scale (I used the http://lsutil.azurewebsites.net/CGPA tool). But ultimately you would recommend I hold off on applying to Dalhousie this year to get a better LSAT/GPA? I have nothing against waiting a year. :)

That is 4.0 scale - convert to a 4.3 (where A is a 4.0 and A+ is a 4.3)

Pazerudael    4

Is there a tool for this or do I have to do it manually?

Pazerudael    4

I did a manual conversion. I'm not sure if they include spring/summer classes or not, so I did it for both.

On the 4.3 scale for spring/summer included: 3.56; for spring/summer excluded: 3.44.

Skweemish    495

Chances? 3.68 lsat 160? Thanks!!

I have a friend with similar stats who is in. However I suspect your chances depend largely on the competitiveness of your cohort.

Maritime Resident

3.7/4.3

I would say you're in with those stats as a Maritimer.

Hon    31

Maritime Resident

3.7/4.3

Someone was accepted this year with a 3.9 and 157 as a maritime resident. I would guess you will be in, but later in the cycle. 

mrsspectre    2

152 lsat, 3.8 L2, 3.34 cGPA, really strong letters and ec's plus masters degee. Not maritime student. Chances?