Pazerudael

Dalhousie GPA - what's required/how to calculate it?

Hi guys! Would somebody walk me through how to calculate the GPA that Dalhousie looks at? They look at the 4.3 scale, correct? Do they look at your two most recent years, your entire GPA on average, drop the worst 10% of classes, etc.? Do they count spring/summer courses? I was misled in thinking that every school calculated entry like the U of A. My goal is to calculate my GPA properly, combine it with my LSAT, and then ask you guys what my chances are of getting in. If I have no chance, I don't want to force my references to go through a ton of extra work. 

Thanks in advance!

They look at the 4.3 scale, correct?

Correct. Ten points to Slytherin. 

Do they look at your two most recent years, your entire GPA on average, drop the worst 10% of classes, etc.?

They look at either your cGPA or last two years (which they define as the last ten credits you've taken). They take whichever is higher. 

Do they count spring/summer courses?

Yes? No? I don't know. I didn't have any.1 

1Most of my knowledge (or lack thereof) comes from secret online sources. I will share one with you. Don't tell the others: https://www.dal.ca/faculty/law/programs/jd-admissions/admission-requirements.html

• Like 3

I think maybe I should get 10 points to Hufflepuff because I definitely looked at that pages and the fact sheet and COMPLETELY missed the little section outlining exactly what you said.  You deserve the Slytherin points for your spot on sarcasm that I totally deserved. XD

Thank you so much for your help! I'll scurry off and make a "chances" thread now. ^_^

• Like 1