Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Likelihood of getting in: 3.95 cGPA, 166 LSAT

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 okapie

okapie
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

What is my likelihood of getting in with a 3.95 cGPA, 166 LSAT? 

Taking LSAT again in December (next week)

#2 Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron
  • Members
  • 1476 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:31 PM

I generally feel the same way about this sort of thread as those who've responded here, but a 166 LSAT isn't exceptional by U of T standards. I remember years ago, U of T used to publicize having a soft minimum for the LSAT, and I think it was around a 165 (note: I could be misremembering), so I can see why someone would be anxious with a 166. They're wrong to be, but it's not completely asinine or trolly to feel that way. I support you, anxious person.

#3 Ryn

Ryn
  • Moderators
  • 1122 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:37 PM

Okay, seriously, none the responses were appropriate so I've deleted them. I was about to type what Yogurt Baron said: that a 166 is below median for U of T and it makes sense to want to ask what your chances are given that score.

To potential posters in this thread: if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it. Don't take your own anxiety and insecurities out on someone who is asking a legitimate question.

To OP: You have a good shot. Your GPA is high but U of T's median for LSAT is 168. So you have a good chance of admission but it's not set in stone. Good luck.

• Yogurt Baron, ChewyCarrot and akulamasusu like this

#4 Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron
  • Members
  • 1476 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

To potential posters in this thread: if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it. Don't take your own anxiety and insecurities out on someone who is asking a legitimate question.

Yeah, I mean, "MY STATS ARE IMPLAUSIBLY PERFECT AND I DON'T THINK I CAN GET IN, EVEN I WITH MY NEAR-PERFECT STATS AM A FAILURE, SO YOU WITH WORSE STATS, YOU'RE AN EVEN BIGGER FAILURE" is one of the most time-tested, frequently deployed, and aggravating ways to troll on this board. When someone pulls that stunt, it makes me angry. So I understand why some people responded unkindly. But

(a) this isn't that. This is demonstrably not that. The OP has legitimate concerns and is not trying to make other people feel bad.
(b) high achievers tend to struggle with perfectionism and anxiety. Why not - and God knows I don't always achieve this myself - try to be kind to people who are struggling?

#5 Drizzy9

Drizzy9
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 03:17 PM

It depends on some behind the curtain magic, but I think you will get in.

Well U of T does have a very high LSAT level (I think more of those students than you think are splitters who are also relying on ECs) , the GPA here is so high athat combined with a near average entrance LSAT I think this person can expect to get in

#6 rih

rih
  • Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:25 PM

Your chance of getting in by the end of 2016 is 99%