lawofthermodynamics

Accepted at McGill 2017

144 posts in this topic

If we look at the trend for the previous years and what the Mcgill website says, people should start getting acceptance offers around December 15. I am anxiously waiting! Best of luck to all :)

An accepted thread shouldn't be started until someone actually receives an acceptance. I am closing this. When someone receives an acceptance, PM me or one of the other mods and we will reopen and pin the thread.

3 people like this

Accepted! Got the email today. No language interview for me though I'm an anglophone east-coaster. I was really surprised not to have a French interview! I did do French immersion in secondary school, and spent 11 months in a francophone country for a cultural exchange (attending a lycée in Terminale L).

Stats

LSAT: 174

GPA: 4.1/4.3

ECs: roles related to refugee sponsorship, social entrepreneurship, the student society of my faculty. On an academic team. Involvement with a legal not-for-profit.

Anyone else?

Edit: fixed typo.

Edited by cumulus
3 people like this

Congrats! Not to keep saying this, but i'll say it once on this thread - if you (and anyone else who gets admitted/has applied) has any questions about McGill law, feel free to ask me! I have a thread open in the forum, or ask me by PM if you wish.

Accepted ! No language interview,  probably because I did write parts of my personal statement in French.

Stats

GPA: 4.04/4.3

No LSAT

Fairly strong ECs and some work experience.

Good luck everyone!

1 person likes this

Congratulations guys that's amazing!! I'm curious to know when you guys sent in your application? I only sent my PS on November 6th and heard that McGill admits on a rolling basis

1 person likes this

Congratulations guys that's amazing!!

Thank you so much! I was so, so excited when I got word.

I'm curious to know when you guys sent in your application? I only sent my PS on November 6th and heard that McGill admits on a rolling basis

I'll be honest, even though it doesn't show me in the best light with respect to time management! I didn't get my PS or CV in until late on the 8th.

Accepted ! No language interview,  probably because I did write parts of my personal statement in French.

Congratulations! Think you're going to accept?

Congrats to both of you! I can't wait to have my response, I'm totally going nuts haha! :P 

Congratulations! Think you're going to accept?

Thanks! Same to you. I am still thinking about it, how about you?

Thanks! Same to you. I am still thinking about it, how about you?

I'm incredibly jazzed, but I think owe it to myself to at least wait until I hear back from other schools/hear about scholarships before making a decision.

Received my acceptance this afternoon and I'm pretty stoked! I received my call this morning just as I got out of the shower and was completely not expecting it to be McGill calling to do the French interview. I guess it went well enough; I got the email a few hours later at around half past two! I was quite surprised to receive an offer considering the fact that my language history is certainly less storied than those of whom I see have also received acceptance. 

LSAT: Not taken

1 person likes this

Received my acceptance this afternoon and I'm pretty stoked! I received my call this morning just as I got out of the shower and was completely not expecting it to be McGill calling to do the French interview. I guess it went well enough; I got the email a few hours later at around half past two! I was quite surprised to receive an offer considering the fact that my language history is certainly less storied than those of whom I see have also received acceptance. 

LSAT: Not taken

Did you respond to the questions en francais ou en anglais?

Did you respond to the questions en francais ou en anglais?

100% English. I also didn't have any French in my personal statement.

My French education is comprised of French Immersion in grades 5-10 in addition to French Studies as a minor in university (still in progress). I also had some French work experience in Ottawa and Montreal. Otherwise though, I'm FSL from the most Anglophone place imaginable.

Hey Everybody! I was accepted Tuesday Afternoon :) 

Stats: 

GPA: 3.85ish/4.00 (8.8/10)

LSAT: N/A (only applied to McGill)

EC: Arts Groups, Amnesty, Student Gov’t, etc.

No Language Test

I was incredibly surprised to hear so early... I haven’t decided if I’ll take the offer yet, but I’m leaning towards yes! Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting; I know it’s agony!

1 person likes this

congratulations everyone!

Anyone have any idea when they will be reviewing the GPA-challenged applications? I feel like I'm going to get a response some time in August :P

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if McGill usually process mature students application at the same time as other types?

Hey all. Just the general chime in from an alumnus. December admits are a rarity - the vast majority of students hear in late January/early-mid February. So don't fret if you haven't heard yet!

You'll also be RFR right up until acceptance/waitlist/rejected so don't think no one has read over your application.

Re: Mature students. No, you're part of a later group. Interviews are in the March/April time frame.

3 people like this