User1994

When should I expect to hear?

User1994    19

3.69 CGPA (will be higher after this semester, 160 LSAT

Application officially completed last week.

When should i expect to hear either way? Good or bad?

Thanks

I received an email confirming my acceptance about three weeks after my application was finalized (originally applied in Sept, needed to wait until late Oct for all supporting documentation to arrive).

Received the official letter yesterday (less than one week after the email).

Since they utilize a rolling admissions procedure, there is no set date as to when you'll hear if they have good news for you.

Based off things I've seen, bad news does not come until June/July when they start figuring out who will be admitted off the waitlist, and who will not.

Best of luck, hopefully the rest of the school year can be a positive distraction for you.

cbee    23

I got this email on Thursday: 

Please be advised that your application to the Schulich School of Law is complete however not competitive with those applicants we are currently making offers.  Your application will be reviewed again once we have had the opportunity to review more of the applicant pool.

• Like 1

Samiam1    14

I got this email on Thursday:

Please be advised that your application to the Schulich School of Law is complete however not competitive with those applicants we are currently making offers. Your application will be reviewed again once we have had the opportunity to review more of the applicant pool.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Edited by Samiam1

cbee    23

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Not at all.  I'm applying as a mature student, so my GPA of 3.0 shouldn't be too much of a problem.  My LSAT was 165.  I emailed Rose, and she told me that I was not a 'mature' student by Dal's standings because I had completed more than 2 years of my undergrad (I finished my B.A.), but was going to be put in the "special consideration" category.  In that category they look at your initial stats, and if you aren't competitive, they send you a soul crushing email that doesn't exactly explain the whole process, and then put you in the "special" category which they look at sometime between now and May.  

Cheers!

User1994    19

C

Not at all.  I'm applying as a mature student, so my GPA of 3.0 shouldn't be too much of a problem.  My LSAT was 165.  I emailed Rose, and she told me that I was not a 'mature' student by Dal's standings because I had completed more than 2 years of my undergrad (I finished my B.A.), but was going to be put in the "special consideration" category.  In that category they look at your initial stats, and if you aren't competitive, they send you a soul crushing email that doesn't exactly explain the whole process, and then put you in the "special" category which they look at sometime between now and May.  

Cheers

How long after completion did you get the email saying that your application was complete and under review? I have spoken with Rose's assistant and they have assured me that everything is complete but I haven't gotten an email or anything. 

0ekm2    13

How long after completion did you get the email saying that your application was complete and under review? I have spoken with Rose's assistant and they have assured me that everything is complete but I haven't gotten an email or anything. 

I am in the exact same position - I emailed and got confirmation that they had received my transcript and 2 references, but I haven't received any kind of official email about my application being under review or anything. It's frustrating being in a state of perpetual uncertainty hahah.

Michele1717    3

I am in the exact same position - I emailed and got confirmation that they had received my transcript and 2 references, but I haven't received any kind of official email about my application being under review or anything. It's frustrating being in a state of perpetual uncertainty hahah.

I am also in this position haha, wondering if everyone receives that email.

cbee    23

C

I submitted on October 29th or so.  Probably you are in better shape for the first round than I am :)

Hon    31

I was told by Rose to expect a decision by early next week - and I submitted about a week ago.

User1994    19

I was told by Rose to expect a decision by early next week - and I submitted about a week ago.

what are your stats?