Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Haven't heard anything since applying - should I be concerned?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TheWaitingGame

TheWaitingGame
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

Hey guys, I see that some acceptance emails (or at least some emails confirming that applications have been completed and under review) have gone out and, since I have received neither, am a bit concerned.

I applied on September 14th, and am certain that my transcripts and both reference letters should have been received by the end of October. McGill says they received all my materials by October 22, and they are much further away from me than Dal.

I'm an Atlantic resident, got 165 on the June LSAT and have an 89% undergrad average (still unclear on GPA conversion). I thought, perhaps naively, that those stats would get me in and probably on scholarship.

I emailed law.admissions@dal.ca this morning and haven't heard back. How long do they normally take to rely to emails? Should I just sit tight and expect a response from them soon? Has anyone ever gotten accepted without the "your application is completed and currently under review" email? I just wish I knew so I could send in anything that's missing before the Nov 30th deadline.

Thanks for listening to my venting. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow!

#2 Michele1717

Michele1717
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:44 PM

I'm in a similar position. I emailed them about a week ago and still haven't heard back. I'm assuming they're pretty busy and trying not to freak out.

#3 bigcountry259

bigcountry259
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Locationall over

Posted 21 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hey guys, I see that some acceptance emails (or at least some emails confirming that applications have been completed and under review) have gone out and, since I have received neither, am a bit concerned.

I applied on September 14th, and am certain that my transcripts and both reference letters should have been received by the end of October. McGill says they received all my materials by October 22, and they are much further away from me than Dal.

I'm an Atlantic resident, got 165 on the June LSAT and have an 89% undergrad average (still unclear on GPA conversion). I thought, perhaps naively, that those stats would get me in and probably on scholarship.

I emailed law.admissions@dal.ca this morning and haven't heard back. How long do they normally take to rely to emails? Should I just sit tight and expect a response from them soon? Has anyone ever gotten accepted without the "your application is completed and currently under review" email? I just wish I knew so I could send in anything that's missing before the Nov 30th deadline.

Thanks for listening to my venting. Hopefully they get back to me tomorrow!

If you haven't already done so, email Rose directly. I'm not sure what the typical turn around time is from the law.admissions@dal.ca account, but I received a reply from her in under 24hrs. At a minimum, I'm sure she'll be able to confirm if all of your supporting documentation has arrived.

good luck!

• Starling likes this

#4 Starling

Starling
  • Members
  • 668 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:57 PM

You're in for sure with those stats. I assume you sorted out whether your application was received by now but I got the "your application is complete and under review" email a month before I was accepted.

#5 Waverley

Waverley
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDartmouth

Posted 09 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

I just got an email from Rose today saying my application was complete and they were just waiting on my December LSAT results to come in. That, along with the bunch of acceptances today it seems like they're working fast at consolidating applications and giving out offers that are already deserved! I'd hold tight, you'll be fine!

#6 Hon

Hon
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:06 PM

if you are still waiting, you can email the admissions officer to request an update!