Buckets123

Difficulty in Transferring into 2L

Buckets123    1

Hi,

I would like know how difficult is it to transfer to TRU for 2L? I have some personal reasons that force me to relocate to that area.

Best, 

MissJE    72

Hi,

I would like know how difficult is it to transfer to TRU for 2L? I have some personal reasons that force me to relocate to that area.

Best, 

I don't know if I am the best to answer this but I'll give it a shot.

It is my understanding that transferring in is not inherently difficult. It just depends on things like how many students have indicated that they are transferring out or not returning for 2L, your reasons for wanting to transfer, your 1L grades, etc. You can also only transfer between 1L and 2L. For this year, I believe 7 students didn't return and 2 transferred in. Sometimes the best thing to do is call or email the ad comm and see what they say though.

Hope this helps even if just a bit :)

https://www.tru.ca/law/prospective-students/admissions/upper-year.html

law90    4

TRU literally has people with average grades transferring from tier 4 schools in the States.

From what I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong, there were two transfers into TRU this year (one from Western and one from U of M). I know previously there were more transfers from schools outside of Canada but I believe TRU is moving away from that going forward and focusing on accepting transfers from other Canadian schools.

Just wanted to provide some clarity on this and on what the current situation is. 

• Like 1

From what I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong, there were two transfers into TRU this year (one from Western and one from U of M). I know previously there were more transfers from schools outside of Canada but I believe TRU is moving away from that going forward and focusing on accepting transfers from other Canadian schools.

Just wanted to provide some clarity on this and on what the current situation is. 

You may (and likely are) certainly be right. I was speaking on the (short) history of TRU transfers. It would be great to see them move away from accepting foreign transfers. 

• Like 2

MissJE    72

I have to say that there's really no way to know how "easy" it is to transfer into TRU based simply on where a transfer comes from or what their supposed 1L grades were. There are more considerations than that and given the holistic nature of TRU admissions, the reason for transfer and the reference letters probably play a not insignificant part in it.

• Like 1

googs    65

TRU literally has people with average grades transferring from tier 4 schools in the States.

There may be 'a' person but certainly not a meaningful number of people. Most transfers, and there aren't many, are from other Canadian schools.