Melbatoast

Accepted to Calgary 2017

117 posts in this topic

Just got the email! I'm thrilled as U of C is my first choice...

Stats are CGPA 3.67 (before drops), LSAT 166, couple years work experience and average ECs..

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!!

4 people like this

Congratulations!

Still waiting on them to finish processing over here... :/ They just got my transcripts today

2 people like this

Congrats! When did you get everything in? I got my docs in shortly after early September submission. Got the green circle just yesterday. Waiting with bated breath!

Congrats! When did you get everything in? I got my docs in shortly after early September submission. Got the green circle just yesterday. Waiting with bated breath!

Thank you!

I submitted my materials very early in September, but my last reference only submitted early November.. my account was still listing LSAT scores in my to-do list until Friday (apparently still waiting for LSAC to release them)  , got the green circle on Monday - definitely wasn't expecting to hear back so soon!

Good luck! I'm sure you'll hear something soon.

1 person likes this

Congratulations!

Still waiting on them to finish processing over here... :/ They just got my transcripts today

Same here. Also, they haven't sent my second referee that damn email yet, and I applied the first day possible. Now I have to wait until December 1st to get them to resend it? So long early admission :(

Accepted yesterday as well!

LSAT 164 

L2 3.8 

PM me for more details 

2 people like this

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you see updates to your application? I'm not sure where to find my application status!

Same here. Also, they haven't sent my second referee that damn email yet, and I applied the first day possible. Now I have to wait until December 1st to get them to resend it? So long early admission :(

Oh no!!

Maybe a silly question, but did your referee check their junk mail? It just seems crazy that they wouldn't send it out on time...

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you see updates to your application? I'm not sure where to find my application status!

Google My U of C.

Login there instead of the application page.

Scroll down and view your status and "To Do" list.

Oh no!!

Maybe a silly question, but did your referee check their junk mail? It just seems crazy that they wouldn't send it out on time...

Yeah, I got them to check everything, I'm still in close contact with my referrees. I think it's just because it's a new way of doing things for the u of c, things are glitchy. I have pretty good stats (3.78,161) so I'm not entirely worried.

Oh no!!

Same thing happened to me.. it sucks. 

Found out late this afternoon :) glad to be joining!

LSAT 160

cGPA 3.6

Honours science major, published paper in undergrad, alright ECs, 6 years work experience in immigration law, and overcame an obstacle in my early years.

3 people like this

Got the email today.

LSAT 161

GPA no idea, it was decent

Great work experience, one year out of undergrad in a political internship.

Not my number one, but will be super happy if I end up here!

1 person likes this

Got the email today! Very happy

cGPA 3.60 L2 3.87 158

International work experience, volunteer

First class honours, Dean List

2 people like this

This is probably a silly question as well, but do they accept students (undergrad) before they get all of their letters and transcripts in? I know I'm supposed to wait until Fall marks are finalized; does that mean that my application won't really be looked at until the transcript is sent in January?

This is probably a silly question as well, but do they accept students (undergrad) before they get all of their letters and transcripts in? I know I'm supposed to wait until Fall marks are finalized; does that mean that my application won't really be looked at until the transcript is sent in January?

Yes, they will not look at your application until everything is submitted. 

I submitted everything in the middle of January, got in a couple of weeks later, you will be fine.

Yes, they will not look at your application until everything is submitted. 

I submitted everything in the middle of January, got in a couple of weeks later, you will be fine.

Thanks for the info! :)

Just got the email! I'm thrilled as U of C is my first choice...

Stats are CGPA 3.67 (before drops), LSAT 166, couple years work experience and average ECs..

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!!

What drops does U OF C do? I thought they were just last two!

Also big congrats :)

Edited by paigro
1 person likes this

What drops does U OF C do? I thought they were just last two!

Also big congrats :)

Thank you! 

I think you're right actually, that the GPA calculation is based on your last 2 years.. I think my L2 was about 3.85