bigcountry259

Accepted at Dal 2017

153 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, casechase said:

I received this email back in December when I first applied and was accepted earlier in April, there's still hope! 

Thank you so much, that did just bring me some hope again! What were your stats like?

34 minutes ago, wolf12 said:

Thank you so much, that did just bring me some hope again! What were your stats like?

My stats are posted a bit further up, but 160 LSAT and my L2 was around 3.7 (on a 4.0 scale, I went to Mac so our grading scale is a bit different). I'm also completing my masters in neuroscience. 

Nice! Do you know if they actually ever just reject people before June? Like would everyone get the response if they haven't been accepted yet?

2 hours ago, wolf12 said:

Nice! Do you know if they actually ever just reject people before June? Like would everyone get the response if they haven't been accepted yet?

I'm not too sure, I just know I received that response but then later was accepted so all hope is not lost! :) 

Received from Dal Admissions, May 9th:

I can confirm that your application is complete and under review.

The admissions' committee has come back together to look at the remaining applications, deciding whom they wish to interview for the last few seats and positions on the waitlist.  Interviews happen in early June with all final decisions being made shortly thereafter.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  All the best
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, briianna said:

The admissions' committee has come back together to look at the remaining applications, deciding whom they wish to interview for the last few seats and positions on the waitlist.  Interviews happen in early June with all final decisions being made shortly thereafter.

congrats!! i am just curious, did they tell you in response to an email requesting an updated or did they just email you randomly?

1 hour ago, wolf12 said:

congrats!! i am just curious, did they tell you in response to an email requesting an updated or did they just email you randomly?

No congrats yet! Lol but it's better than a rejection. 

I emailed them about an estimate for the remaining applicants. 

I will post again when I hear more--acceptance or rejection. 

:) 

17 hours ago, briianna said:

Interesting! I received this version on May 10th: " I can confirm that your application is complete and has been under review. Further, we are currently in the process of waiting for final grades for those applicants that just completed the school year.  All final decisions will be made by the end of June and letters confirming our decisions will be mailed out at that time."

2 people like this

8 hours ago, arigold92 said:

Interesting! I received this version on May 10th: " I can confirm that your application is complete and has been under review. Further, we are currently in the process of waiting for final grades for those applicants that just completed the school year.  All final decisions will be made by the end of June and letters confirming our decisions will be mailed out at that time."

I wonder if the final decisions aka last batch is just a pile of rejections :(     

ready to drink my sorrows away :partyman: 

19 minutes ago, lolaya said:

I wonder if the final decisions aka last batch is just a pile of rejections      

ready to drink my sorrows away :partyman: 

Gotta stay positive fam ;) accepted or rejected--always keep your head up

Has anyone in the Halifax area received an offer to interview yet? 

Posted (edited)

It's a bit late but I was offered admission on May 11th by email. 

Stats: 

CGPA 3.91/4.0, L2: 3.99 (not including the recent semester) 

LSAT: 154, 157

Non-maritime and no mention of an interview.

Hope this helps! Good luck to everyone! I know all too well how many of you feel :(

Edited by FieldMarshal
2 people like this

An email has been sent out with details for O-week and a link to the website - looks like that standard stuff they've done in the past. Looking forward to seeing you all in September!