Kronk88

Submitting transcripts

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have a quick questions as the Dal application seems very "lack" compared to the Ontario application.

I am just wondering how I submit my transcripts to Dal? Am I just freaking out because I have Submitted my application and that info will be given to me afterwards? Or maybe I am missing something?

Also, I think I submitted my university/college info a bunch of times because I couldn't see if the info had actually been saved or vanished into a vast nothingness of the Internet. Did anyone else have this type of concern?

Thanks for reading

1 person likes this

You need to get your undergraduate institutions to mail official transcripts to Dal

Quoted from https://www.dal.ca/faculty/law/programs/jd-admissions/admission-requirements.html:Submit academic transcripts and letters of reference to the Schulich School of Law Admissions Office, Dalhousie University, PO Box 15000, Halifax, NS, B3H 4R2 by February 28. Applicants who wish to be considered for entrance scholarships must file transcripts and letters of reference by November 30.  Please note: referee statements can be submitted directly from referees via academic/professional email accounts to [email protected]

It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all materials relevant to the application are received by the Admissions Committee.

I'm not sure about the second thing. It doesn't really sound like something you need to worry about. But you're a law school applicant. So I assume you'll continue worrying for fun  :)

They give an address to send transcripts, but if you live in the city are you able to just go to the admissions office and hand it in in person?

Also, this question is for anyone who's gone on exchange during their undergrad. The courses have been brought back onto my transcript as credits withouts marks. In my contact with the office they said an unofficial transcript is all I need if I don't care about them being calculated into my GPA so they can use it for attendance verification. So I'm planning on handing in a copy printed out from their student portal along with my official Canadian transcript. Anyone else have experience with this?

They give an address to send transcripts, but if you live in the city are you able to just go to the admissions office and hand it in in person?

Also, this question is for anyone who's gone on exchange during their undergrad. The courses have been brought back onto my transcript as credits withouts marks. In my contact with the office they said an unofficial transcript is all I need if I don't care about them being calculated into my GPA so they can use it for attendance verification. So I'm planning on handing in a copy printed out from their student portal along with my official Canadian transcript. Anyone else have experience with this?

I did the same thing! That is what the office at Dal says is acceptable 

Are the authors of your LOR's supposed to also fill out that supplementary referee form?

Your LOR *is* the referee form (appendix A or w/e).