pennyh7

AGPA 4.02/4.5, LSAT 154 ~ any chances

3 posts in this topic

AGPA 4.02/4.5, LSAT 154 ~ any chances...  :cry:

*Also - some of the classes in my school graded classes differently - For example, if I got a 99% in a class, it would be graded as an A instead of an A+. This was the case for a lot of my classes, so my AGPA could potentially be much higher. Anyone know if there is something I can do about this / notify someone at U of M about this? 

Thank you very much. 

Edited by pennyh7

AGPA 4.02/4.5, LSAT 154 ~ any chances...   :cry:

*Also - some of the classes in my school graded classes differently - For example, if I got a 99% in a class, it would be graded as an A instead of an A+. This was the case for a lot of my classes, so my AGPA could potentially be much higher. Anyone know if there is something I can do about this / notify someone at U of M about this? 

Thank you very much. 

Does your official transcript list percentages or just letter grades? If it does list percentages, U of M will convert your percentages to letter grades on the U of M scale and calculate your GPA accordingly. If your transcript only lists letter grades, they will be taken at face value, except for those grades that U of M does not have, such as A-, B- and the like, which are rounded up (A- becomes an A, etc). See here for details.

As for chances, looking here, I'd say about 1-in-3. Recalculate your GPA as I've indicated above, then look at the stats chart I've linked to in order to get a general idea. Good luck!

Edited by Jethro
1 person likes this

I called the school where I got my undergraduate degree and they said they would not provide U of M with an official/or unofficial transcript depicting my final percentages - U of M said they would accept the new transcript if I sent it in, but my old school refused... Guess I am SOL. Thanks for the help though!