Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

AGPA 4.02/4.5, LSAT 154 ~ any chances

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pennyh7

pennyh7
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 10:46 AM

AGPA 4.02/4.5, LSAT 154 ~ any chances...  :cry:

*Also - some of the classes in my school graded classes differently - For example, if I got a 99% in a class, it would be graded as an A instead of an A+. This was the case for a lot of my classes, so my AGPA could potentially be much higher. Anyone know if there is something I can do about this / notify someone at U of M about this? 

Thank you very much. 

Edited by pennyh7, 02 November 2016 - 10:48 AM.

#2 Jethro

Jethro
  • Members
  • 469 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:37 PM

AGPA 4.02/4.5, LSAT 154 ~ any chances...   :cry:

*Also - some of the classes in my school graded classes differently - For example, if I got a 99% in a class, it would be graded as an A instead of an A+. This was the case for a lot of my classes, so my AGPA could potentially be much higher. Anyone know if there is something I can do about this / notify someone at U of M about this? 

Thank you very much. 

Does your official transcript list percentages or just letter grades? If it does list percentages, U of M will convert your percentages to letter grades on the U of M scale and calculate your GPA accordingly. If your transcript only lists letter grades, they will be taken at face value, except for those grades that U of M does not have, such as A-, B- and the like, which are rounded up (A- becomes an A, etc). See here for details.

As for chances, looking here, I'd say about 1-in-3. Recalculate your GPA as I've indicated above, then look at the stats chart I've linked to in order to get a general idea. Good luck!

Edited by Jethro, 02 November 2016 - 04:40 PM.

• pennyh7 likes this

#3 pennyh7

pennyh7
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:00 PM

I called the school where I got my undergraduate degree and they said they would not provide U of M with an official/or unofficial transcript depicting my final percentages - U of M said they would accept the new transcript if I sent it in, but my old school refused... Guess I am SOL. Thanks for the help though!