Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

[3.94, 174] Likelihood of admission?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:04 AM

I am currently an undergrad. According to the OLSAS, I have a GPA of 3.94. My LSAT is 174. My EC's are not considerably strong. I was an executive on a local youth committee, volunteered at mental health institutes,spent some summers as a research assistant in a mental health clinic.

My goal is to go to UofT law. The major problem I forsee is that I am applying in my third year of undergrad. I will still have a Bachelors degree (no honours). I was wondering if this would be a big detriment to my application, as most people have a 4 year degree minimum. I also wanted to know, what the likelihood of me gaining admission would be.

Thanks!
  • canadiangirl likes this

#2 randominternetperson

randominternetperson
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

If anyone has a chance of getting in with only 3 years completed, I'd say it's you. I don't have any real info for you, but I would guess your odds are pretty damn good.

#3 Hegdis

Hegdis
  • Moderators
  • 7181 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:47 PM

Try this:

http://lawstudents.c...sas-cgpa-l2-b3/

• canadiangirl likes this

#4 DenningsSkiTrip

DenningsSkiTrip
  • Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 04:59 AM

Yup your stats are in line with the people I know of who have gotten into U of T with 3 years of undergrad completed, if you want to apply without getting an honours degree you stand a good chance at getting in.

That being said I personally think doing the fourth year of undergrad is a good idea. People do a lot of growing over a year or two in their early 20s, its also why I think spending a year or two working or getting a masters degree before law school is beneficial.