Hon

Where do we submit letters?

Hon    31

Hello, I cannot seem to find where to submit letters of reference. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

UNB does not require any references for regular admission. However, if you wish to send references (which you can for sure), then just send it to the same e-mail where you send your resume and personal statement: [email protected] 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Does anyone also know what should be included in the email from the referee? Like should it just be my name or should it also be a number of some kind? I haven't completely submitted my application yet so I don't have an application number or anything like that

zuckercorn    25

it also doesnt say anything about how many references were supposed to send? does anyone have an idea

This is all I could find:

"When considering persons to ask to write a reference letter, remember that what matters is not whom you know but how well they know you. Ask referees who know you well enough to explain why you would succeed in the study of law, and what social or other contribution you might make with a legal education. Ask your referees to relate their comments to the selection criteria for the admissions category that applies to you. If you are attending or have recently left university, at least one reference letter should be from an instructor who knows you well enough to comment on your academic abilities and, if necessary, to explain an anomalous grade or term. An employer could write about your character, ability, and work habits that will help you to succeed in the study of law. The more relevant information you provide when asking someone to write a reference letter for you, the better the letter is likely to be. So please provide your referees with a copy of your resumé, your university transcript, and your personal statement as well as a copy of the pertinent material from the UNB Law website (and our brochures, as appropriate), the deadline and the address for sending the letter. Reference letters may be emailed by the referee directly to the Law Admissions Office at [email protected], or sent by mail to Law Admissions Office, Faculty of Law, University of New Brunswick, P.O. Box 44271, Fredericton, NB, E3B 6C2"

Long story short, at least one academic, I would say no more that two letters, seeing as they are really only looked at during supplementary review. 

Edited by zuckercorn

East    33

it also doesnt say anything about how many references were supposed to send? does anyone have an idea

You don't need to send any. All you need to send is your personal statement, transcripts, CV, and application form. References are not required, I submitted none and a major reason for picking UNB was that they didn't require references.

chvrches    12

I didn't send reference letters when I applied to UNB. But if you are sending them, send them along with the rest of your application.