irinlaw

Question about index score

irinlaw    1

Hi, so the index formula is ((LSAT-120/60)x50) + ((AGPAx50)/4.5)). What I was wondering is that if the AGPA is calculated by converting each individual class into the Manitoba 4.5 gpa format and then averaging those gpa values,  or if it is just sufficient enough to drop the appropriate amount of credits and then just take the percentage average of the remaining classes as a whole and converting that percentage into the Manitoba 4.5 gpa scale. 

So in my case I got a 157 on my LSAT and after dropping 30 credits I have an 81% average (4.0 on Manitoba scale?).

((LSAT-120/60)x50) + ((AGPAx50)/4.5)) = 75.2?

​Would that be right? Also, while we're at it do you think I could get in with that index score. What was the cut off last year?

Jethro    276

Hi, so the index formula is ((LSAT-120/60)x50) + ((AGPAx50)/4.5)). What I was wondering is that if the AGPA is calculated by converting each individual class into the Manitoba 4.5 gpa format and then averaging those gpa values,  or if it is just sufficient enough to drop the appropriate amount of credits and then just take the percentage average of the remaining classes as a whole and converting that percentage into the Manitoba 4.5 gpa scale. 

So in my case I got a 157 on my LSAT and after dropping 30 credits I have an 81% average (4.0 on Manitoba scale?).

((LSAT-120/60)x50) + ((AGPAx50)/4.5)) = 75.2?

​Would that be right? Also, while we're at it do you think I could get in with that index score. What was the cut off last year?

Convert each of your marks to U of M's scale, then do your drops and calculate GPA. Keep in mind that Manitoba doesn't have -minus grades, so an A- at another school converts to an A at U of M. If that's the case with a lot of your marks it can drastically alter your overall GPA.

Metta15    5

Convert each of your marks to U of M's scale, then do your drops and calculate GPA. Keep in mind that Manitoba doesn't have -minus grades, so an A- at another school converts to an A at U of M. If that's the case with a lot of your marks it can drastically alter your overall GPA.

How do we convert 4.33 gpa scale to a 4.50 scale?

Jethro    276

How do we convert 4.33 gpa scale to a 4.50 scale?

1) click here.

2) grab a handy copy of your undergrad transcript.

3) for each of your undergrad courses, make a note of what grade you would receive at U of M. For example, if your undergrad school gives letter grades, and you received an A-, on the U of M scale that is an A. Only look to the percentage if your school doesn't assign letter grades on your transcript.

4) once you've converted your raw marks to U of M marks, go through and drop the appropriate number of credit hours (for info on how to do this, click here).

5) calculate your GPA from the remaining marks.

If you don't know how to do #5, PM me with your email address and ask me very nicely to send you an excel spreadsheet I made to calculate GPA.

• Like 2

Jethro    276

Naturally, I realized today that I can just provide it via a dropbox link. Not sure if we're supposed to link to downloadable files on here, so just PM me if you want to calculate your GPA/index score.