Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

155 LSAT 3.7 GPA CHANCES?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 confusedman

confusedman
  • Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

what are my chances of being accepted? Should I even apply?

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by confusedman, 19 October 2016 - 04:47 PM.

#2 cath12345

cath12345
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • Locationvancouver

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:48 PM

I have a 152 and a 86% CGPA.. what do you guys would be my chances? I'm assuming low, but I'm rewriting in December anyways. 

#3 MissJE

MissJE
  • Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationKamloops/AB

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

I have a 152 and a 86% CGPA.. what do you guys would be my chances? I'm assuming low, but I'm rewriting in December anyways.

You should always apply. Your LSAT is honestly not great, but there are students who have been accepted with worse. That being said, focus on making yourself as competitive as possible. Work on improving your LSAT and writing a stellar PS and getting as amazing LORs as possible. However, they've been reevaluating the admissions standards each year so it's difficult to give you a real estimate of your chances.
I wish you luck!

#4 Liquidz

Liquidz
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:05 PM

Slim to none. Law schools are becoming more competitive each year. Re-write and try to get at least a 157, your GPA is high enough to carry most of the weight.

#5 Eeee

Eeee
  • Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 04:01 PM

Slim to none. Law schools are becoming more competitive each year.

Untrue, LSAT medians are falling. 

• xguy27 likes this

#6 kilnsgly

kilnsgly
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

Untrue, LSAT medians are falling. 

Really? I've always thought that LSAT medians fluctuate between +/- 1 or 2 but the overall trend seems to remain steady-ish

Edited by kilnsgly, 23 October 2016 - 07:52 PM.