Intro courses

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm in my fourth year of undergrad, and I know UofT considers 100 & 200 level courses in 3rd/4th years "anomalies". My problem is that I wasn't really seriously considering law school until this year, and I've taken my courses out of order. I have 300 level courses in 2nd year, and 200 level courses in 3rd year. But I have taken more 300-level courses than what's required for my degree. I've done well in my upper year level courses, my grades have been consistently good. How much do you think this will hurt my chances? 

Edited by 000

I don't think that it is that much of a problem provided you are only taking a few of 1st/2nd year courses in your 3rd or 4th year. 

If your entire 3rd is 1000 level courses then you might have a problem. From my experience, there are only so many 3rd and 4th year courses you can take that you have the prerequisites for, especially if you are doing a really specific degree.

You are really over thinking it. 

Yeah? I had a feeling I was overthinking it, but it was really making my brain itch. Thanks a lot! xx

Lol this doesn't matter at all. The real worry starts in law school. Enjoy life while you can. If you worry about such small things now, you're going to become a pressure cooker in law school. 

Edited by lawlskewl

I had first and second year courses in my third and fourth years and I didn't have any issues with it. Maybe if you took ten first year courses in your final year it might raise an eyebrow but it sounds like you're like I was and just taking one or two, I wouldn't sweat it.

Edited by DenningsSkiTrip