Shadowh77

Question Regarding Sketch

Just wondering if they care at all about formatting under "Description". Can I just list the activity and then follow up with more bullet points summarizing it?

I don't have the answer to this question, but I just wanted to say that this kind of ephemera matters far less than your GPA and LSAT, which, per your other posts, are stellar. You seem quite anxious, so I wanted to tell you that with stats like yours, the only thing that can stop you is driving yourself to a nervous breakdown by worrying about stuff that doesn't matter - please don't do that.

I don't have the answer to this question, but I just wanted to say that this kind of ephemera matters far less than your GPA and LSAT, which, per your other posts, are stellar. You seem quite anxious, so I wanted to tell you that with stats like yours, the only thing that can stop you is driving yourself to a nervous breakdown by worrying about stuff that doesn't matter - please don't do that.

OP's specific concern probably doesn't matter much, and is probably worth asking the admissions office directly, but U of T bases its decision 1/3 on GPA, 1/3 on LSAT score, and 1/3 on other factors (extracurriculars, application essay, etc.). So a strong GPA and LSAT score can do most, but not all, of the legwork in order to receive an offer.

OP's specific concern probably doesn't matter much, and is probably worth asking the admissions office directly, but U of T bases its decision 1/3 on GPA, 1/3 on LSAT score, and 1/3 on other factors (extracurriculars, application essay, etc.). So a strong GPA and LSAT score can do most, but not all, of the legwork in order to receive an offer.

Nope. It's 1/3 GPA, 1/3 LSAT, and 1/3 personal statement. Write an average personal statement, have excellent stats, and you're in. ECs don't matter. 

@OP: Just read your stats. They are good (but not excellent). Just write a decent personal statement and you should be in.

Edited by lawlskewl

Nope. It's 1/3 GPA, 1/3 LSAT, and 1/3 personal statement. Write an average personal statement, have excellent stats, and you're in. ECs don't matter. 

@OP: Just read your stats. They are good (but not excellent). Just write a decent personal statement and you should be in.

Maybe they've changed their criteria since I was admitted 3 years ago, but I was specifically told by Ben Alarie that ECs matter when I went through the application process, and my ECs were mentioned in my acceptance letter.

For what it's worth, I had very similar stats as OP (with good ECs) and they haven't thrown me out yet.

Don't you draw from your ECs in your PS and then they cross check them with the list you give them? I think it would be hard to write a good PS without at least something going on in your life outside of classes.