Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

UWindsor School Submission Question Three

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Imadal

Imadal
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWindsor

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:55 AM

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me better understand the first part of the following question:

Do you believe that you have developed any special skills or interests other than your university program or work experience as previously outlined? How may these skills assist you in the pursuit of legal studies and a future career as a leader in law with a social conscience? (If you are an applicant to the Dual JD program, you need not answer the second part of this question).

I am a bit confused about the meaning of "special skills" and the purpose of this question in general...

Thanks.

#2 Hegdis

Hegdis
  • Moderators
  • 6939 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

Just spitballing here, but if you have three languages (per your other post), that means you can represent a wide swath of clientele, including (potentially) people who come from under-represented communities. That's probably a skill you want to point out.

• Imadal likes this

#3 Imadal

Imadal
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationWindsor

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

Thank you for your helpful response.