Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Question Regarding cGPA calculation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowh77

Shadowh77
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:18 PM

I will be applying this fall 2016 and am going into my fourth year. In year 1 and 2 I took a full course load (5 credits), no summer school. In Year 3 I took a full course load again (10 courses), but only have grades for 3.5 credits (7/10 courses). I credited three courses (had a slightly rough year).

My question is: How negatively will the fact that I only have 3.5 credits of grades (grades for 7/10 courses) in my third year be looked upon by the admission council (Very negatively/only slightly negatively/they won't really care)? Additional info: I study life sciences at UofT. Thanks

#2 HammurabiTime

HammurabiTime
  • Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationTO

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

I will be applying this fall 2016 and am going into my fourth year. In year 1 and 2 I took a full course load (5 credits), no summer school. In Year 3 I took a full course load again (10 courses), but only have grades for 3.5 credits (7/10 courses). I credited three courses (had a slightly rough year).

My question is: How negatively will the fact that I only have 3.5 credits of grades (grades for 7/10 courses) in my third year be looked upon by the admission council (Very negatively/only slightly negatively/they won't really care)? Additional info: I study life sciences at UofT. Thanks

I'm not on the adcomm so I can't make any guarantees but I can tell you that I had a lot of strange things on my transcript (lots of summer courses, transfer credits, etc) and one F and got accepted pretty quickly. I think if overall your transcript is strong and those three courses are the only thing you're worried about you shouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

#3 Shadowh77

Shadowh77
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

I'm not on the adcomm so I can't make any guarantees but I can tell you that I had a lot of strange things on my transcript (lots of summer courses, transfer credits, etc) and one F and got accepted pretty quickly. I think if overall your transcript is strong and those three courses are the only thing you're worried about you shouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Thank you very much this actually puts me at ease