Shadowh77

Question Regarding cGPA calculation

I will be applying this fall 2016 and am going into my fourth year. In year 1 and 2 I took a full course load (5 credits), no summer school. In Year 3 I took a full course load again (10 courses), but only have grades for 3.5 credits (7/10 courses). I credited three courses (had a slightly rough year).

My question is: How negatively will the fact that I only have 3.5 credits of grades (grades for 7/10 courses) in my third year be looked upon by the admission council (Very negatively/only slightly negatively/they won't really care)? Additional info: I study life sciences at UofT. Thanks

I will be applying this fall 2016 and am going into my fourth year. In year 1 and 2 I took a full course load (5 credits), no summer school. In Year 3 I took a full course load again (10 courses), but only have grades for 3.5 credits (7/10 courses). I credited three courses (had a slightly rough year).

My question is: How negatively will the fact that I only have 3.5 credits of grades (grades for 7/10 courses) in my third year be looked upon by the admission council (Very negatively/only slightly negatively/they won't really care)? Additional info: I study life sciences at UofT. Thanks

I'm not on the adcomm so I can't make any guarantees but I can tell you that I had a lot of strange things on my transcript (lots of summer courses, transfer credits, etc) and one F and got accepted pretty quickly. I think if overall your transcript is strong and those three courses are the only thing you're worried about you shouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

I'm not on the adcomm so I can't make any guarantees but I can tell you that I had a lot of strange things on my transcript (lots of summer courses, transfer credits, etc) and one F and got accepted pretty quickly. I think if overall your transcript is strong and those three courses are the only thing you're worried about you shouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

Thank you very much this actually puts me at ease