masiullah

odds of getting in! [2.4, 170]

6 posts in this topic

So I have a low GPA from U of T roughly speaking I am talking 2.4. However, I took sometime off and wrote the LSAT in February 2016 and got a very good mark 170 (though from my practice exams I expected a 167). What do you think are my chances of getting in? I mean should I even bother to apply to law schools with that GPA.

It's hard to predict with Windsor. Might be tough, but worth the shot in any case. What's your L2/B2? Depending on those scores, you might have a better chance in other provinces.

1 person likes this

Windsor looks at your CGPA so it might be tough with a 2.4. However your LSAT is excellent so that will for sure help you. Is there a reason your CGPA is so low? If so explain that in your personal statement, so the admissions committee have some idea as to what happened/how you improved. If you have any documentation to explain a lower CGPA I would include that too! 

1 person likes this

Thanks so much. Your help is much appreciated. I am going to apply hopefully I will get in.

Your major matters in this kind of splitter cases. Also, be sure to explain positively and briefly about your grade situation in your personal statement or optional essay if you had some hardship at the time.

Edited by tyrion

That's an impressive LSAT. If nothing else, it'll get you a second look.

My overall undergrad GPA was pretty terrible too, last two or so years was alright, still nothing to write home about. I'm talking mid to high 70s. LSAT was a 163.

I'm going in my second year in Windsor.

If Windsor is where you want to go, you have to sell them on being social justice/access to justice oriented, and convince the adcoms that you really want to be there, i.e. you're not going to jump ship as soon as an offer comes in from Western.

My $0.02.