masiullah

odds of getting in [2.4, 170]

So I have a low GPA from U of T roughly speaking I am talking 2.4. However, I took sometime off and wrote the LSAT in February 2016 and got a very good mark 170 (though from my practice exams I expected a 167). What do you think are my chances of getting in? I mean should I bother to even apply to law schools with that GPA.

On a 4.3 and with my lowest 25% excluded I am looking at 2.9 or maybe a 3.0. I am gonna have to assume the lowest 2.9. I mean my CGPA is low because of my first year courses where I have mostly 50's and low 60's. 2nd year and onward I have high 70's and low 80's with, but mostly 70's.

Your application will allow you to explain any reasons (medical or personal) that lead to the low marks. maybe try and upgrade a couple courses and do some extra curricular work. Hopefully they will read in your essay that you are on the right path and your trajectory is good. The narrative is very important.

Since when does U of T use a 4.3 scale for gpa?

It doesn't but UNB does. So they convert the 4 point system to 4.3 when evaluating your application.

That may be so but he said that it was a 2.4 from U of T in more than one thread, which is why I asked.