Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Applying Next Year

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rachelzane10

rachelzane10
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

I am going to be applying for law schools for September 2017 and TRU is one of my top choices. 

What does TRU look for in terms of volunteering, work, and extra-curriculars. And what do they look for in terms of the application. I would really like to attend so i am kind of freaking out as to how to structure my application.  :(

#2 LawyerBryant

LawyerBryant
  • Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:34 AM

I am going to be applying for law schools for September 2017 and TRU is one of my top choices.

What does TRU look for in terms of volunteering, work, and extra-curriculars. And what do they look for in terms of the application. I would really like to attend so i am kind of freaking out as to how to structure my application. :(

I am not sure they are looking for any particular experience per se. It's your best bet to just get involved in community activities that you enjoy and work that you enjoy.

They, like all other law schools, want authenticity. Just be yourself.

As for how they assess your application, they use your lsat , last 90 credits, and a combination of your community/work experiences when evaluating you as a potential member of their upcoming class.

As you may or may not know, your lsat and GPA are the 2 most single important factors. Work to improve both GPA and lsat if possible and do not stress much over things like work experience and community involvement.

Edited by LawyerBryant, 10 August 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#3 kkl93

kkl93
  • Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationYVR

Posted 01 September 2016 - 12:46 PM

I also will be applying for 2017 cycle. Does anyone know if TRU looks at the last 90 credits based on a 4.33 scale or 4.0 scale?