Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

First year textbooks - Robson Hall, WPG

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 earthman

earthman
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 04 August 2016 - 11:53 AM

Hi folks, I'm in Winnipeg, MB and am selling a bunch of my 1L textbooks, which appear to still be good for incoming 1Ls this year. All are in great shape other than a few dog-eared pages, and only the Torts one has any highlighting/underlining.

I crosslisted on Kijiji, but will try to update as they sell. If you take 'em all I'll cut you a deal!

Learning Canadian Criminal Law (13th ed, Stuart) – $80

Same edition listed for this year. U of M Bookstore is selling for $156 new/$117 used.

Canadian Constitutional Law (4th ed, Bakan) – $80

Same edition listed this year for all Constitutional classes at $126 new/$94 used. I do not have the download code anymore.

Principles of Property Law (6th ed, Ziff) – $60

Being used again this year for all first year property classes, listed at $141 new/$105 used.

Law of Torts (4th ed, Osborne) – $30

5th ed is listed for Prof. Irvine’s class at $65 new/$48 used. The 5th ed was listed last year too, but Irvine said the 4th was fine. Even if you’re not with Irvine, it’s a really clear and helpful book. Has some highlighting. 

Intro to study of Law (7th ed, Waddams) – $20

The 8th ed is listed this year at $67 new/$50 used, but I don’t imagine it’s much different from the 7th ed. 

Comprehensive Guide to Legal Research (Student ed, McCarney) – $40

This year the 2nd ed is listed for $95 new/$71 used. Again, I doubt it makes a difference.

#2 earthman

earthman
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

Update: all are gone now except for Crim.