Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Housing/Rentals in London

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Rearden

Rearden
  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

Hey everyone,

I don't know anyone in London & am planning on living by myself (just what I prefer), but I also really want to meet lots of new people & have fun etc... will there be lots of opportunities to meet new people & socialize? Is living alone a mistake? thanks!

There will be plenty of opportunities to meet new people (e.g., Dennings, hanging out in the law building, etc.).  Basically, if you make even a minimal effort to talk to people, you'll be fine -- most law students are quite friendly.

And depending on your personality and study preferences, you might find that having your own place can be very useful come midterm/exam period, when the libraries fill up and the tension/stress in the law building is palpable.

Edited by Rearden, 22 July 2016 - 06:20 AM.

#27 InsertPseudonymHere

InsertPseudonymHere
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

Hey everyone,

I don't know anyone in London & am planning on living by myself (just what I prefer), but I also really want to meet lots of new people & have fun etc... will there be lots of opportunities to meet new people & socialize? Is living alone a mistake? thanks!

I'm an upcoming 1L too, who went from living with 6 other guys during my undergrad to now living alone. I had the same concern at first too, and from what I've both heard and seen from my friends already in UWO law, and from what's been echoed in this thread, everyone is fairly social in 1L. There will be lots of opportunity to meet and hang out with others in law.

If it makes you feel better, I'm not worried about it in the slightest, and don't think you should be either. Living alone will be a blessing come exam time. I can't speak for the law library, but Weldon becomes a battleground during exams (as does Taylor library). Living on your own will come in handy during those times. 

Edited by InsertPseudonymHere, 22 July 2016 - 09:40 PM.

#28 pinkroses

pinkroses
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:42 AM

There will be plenty of opportunities to meet new people (e.g., Dennings, hanging out in the law building, etc.).  Basically, if you make even a minimal effort to talk to people, you'll be fine -- most law students are quite friendly.

And depending on your personality and study preferences, you might find that having your own place can be very useful come midterm/exam period, when the libraries fill up and the tension/stress in the law building is palpable.

I'm an upcoming 1L too, who went from living with 6 other guys during my undergrad to now living alone. I had the same concern at first too, and from what I've both heard and seen from my friends already in UWO law, and from what's been echoed in this thread, everyone is fairly social in 1L. There will be lots of opportunity to meet and hang out with others in law.

If it makes you feel better, I'm not worried about it in the slightest, and don't think you should be either. Living alone will be a blessing come exam time. I can't speak for the law library, but Weldon becomes a battleground during exams (as does Taylor library). Living on your own will come in handy during those times. 

okay thanks you two!! that makes me feel a lot better :).

• InsertPseudonymHere likes this

#29 lauralaw

lauralaw
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:01 AM

Hi everyone, 

Im a law student but my sister is a first year dental student looking for a female roommate. New 4 bedroom 3 bathroom townhouse located at Sarnia and Wonderland road. About a 10 minute drive from the university. 500/month (cable, internet, water, parking etc included). Must be dog friendly (she has a male boxer).  

Email c_imbrogno@yahoo.com for more info.