Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Eldamada

Eldamada
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:22 AM

Thank you for the update.

Just got another update that I'm #1 on the non-Atlantic list! Staying hopeful!

#52 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:29 AM

Has anyone on the Island wait list heard anything? I'm currently #2 and would love to know anything #1 or those who are in can tell me.

Keeping the fingers and toes crossed.

Edited by BirdLawAttorney, 19 July 2016 - 06:39 AM.

#53 BehindClosedEyes

BehindClosedEyes
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:23 AM

I am now #1 on the wait-list for UNB (PEI).

#54 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

Just got another update that I'm #1 on the non-Atlantic list! Staying hopeful!

Congrats, I hope it keeps moving.

#55 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:08 AM

I am now #1 on the wait-list for UNB (PEI).

Awesome for you please let me know if you hear anything. Also are you waiting on any other schools?

#56 BehindClosedEyes

BehindClosedEyes
  • Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:16 AM

Thanks! I am pretty surprised the wait-list has moved so quickly. No, I am not waiting for any other decisions to be made -- it will be UNB law or working for the year -- sadly, I was rejected from Dal but I was not too surprised. UNB's tuition is way more attractive, however, given the market. 

#57 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

Thanks! I am pretty surprised the wait-list has moved so quickly. No, I am not waiting for any other decisions to be made -- it will be UNB law or working for the year -- sadly, I was rejected from Dal but I was not too surprised. UNB's tuition is way more attractive, however, given the market. 

Yeah exactly the same situation with Dal. I'm really happy with how the wait list is moving and the way it's going hopefully after Wanda gets back in August you'll at least be in if not both of us.  

#58 Eldamada

Eldamada
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

Yeah exactly the same situation with Dal. I'm really happy with how the wait list is moving and the way it's going hopefully after Wanda gets back in August you'll at least be in if not both of us. [/quote]

Hey, when you say 'after Wanda gets back in August' does that mean no offers will be made until she is back? Do you know how long into August she is gone for?

#59 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:51 AM

Hey, when you say 'after Wanda gets back in August' does that mean no offers will be made until she is back? Do you know how long into August she is gone for?

She will return August 8th and she said when she is gone there will be no movement.

Edited by Imanshar, 28 July 2016 - 01:52 AM.

#60 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:44 AM

There will be no updates on the list but people will hopefully continue to decline their seats during those two weeks and there might be a bump on the ninth or tenth when everything is sorted (Assuming that's how it works). 

Eldamada says Dal is moving too, hopefully they are letting in some Islanders who'd rather go there. Everyone says that the big movements are the last two weeks of August but given the progress so far hopefully there will be better chances!

#61 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

No movement in the PEI list while Wanda was away, Hope is fading fast. Hopefully the trend of the list moving a lot in the last two weeks of August is going to continue.

#62 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

No movement in the PEI list while Wanda was away, Hope is fading fast. Hopefully the trend of the list moving a lot in the last two weeks of August is going to continue.

Have you emailed her today?
I thought she will be back tomorrow.

#63 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

I emailed her this morning she said

"We have had no movement over the two weeks that I was out of the office. I will keep you updated if there are any changes."

I don't know if that means that she hasn't updated the list I.E. the list didn't move while she was gone or if there were just zero withdrawals, I also don't know whether that means just the PEI or all lists. I would advise emailing her, you might get some good news.

I'm starting to get a bit worried as my friend is holding a room for me in the house he lives in and I'm sure that his roommates don't want to hold it forever.

#64 Nikki14

Nikki14
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:28 AM

Just accepted off the Nova Scotia Waitlist!! I will be accepting the offer! Good luck to all those waiting!

#65 pateyhfx

pateyhfx
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:46 AM

Congratulations Nikki! It's a shame it wasn't a few days earlier, we just had a meet and greet in Halifax on the 4th.

#66 Eldamada

Eldamada
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:51 AM

Accepted off the non-Atlantic waitlist. Will definitely be accepting the offer! So happy!

#67 pateyhfx

pateyhfx
  • Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 08 August 2016 - 10:53 AM

Accepted off the non-Atlantic waitlist. Will definitely be accepting the offer! So happy!

Congratulations! I know the feeling, it's a huge relief for sure. Now you can enjoy the rest of your summer.

#68 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

Congrats, hopefully there will be more movement in the non-Atlantic waitlist.

btw, when is the deadline for accepting the offer?

Edited by Imanshar, 08 August 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#69 Eldamada

Eldamada
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

Congrats, hopefully there will be more movement in the non-Atlantic waitlist.

btw, when is the deadline for accepting the offer?

The deadline to accept the offer by deposit was August 15th.

#70 Ottawa0409

Ottawa0409
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:51 PM

Switched my acceptance today to a different school, so that could mean some good news for somebody! I'm from Ontario, just thought I'd let everyone know there may be a last minute spot!

Edited by Ottawa0409, 24 August 2016 - 07:52 PM.