Lawstudents.ca is Canada's largest and most comprehensive law school, legal education, and legal practice discussion forum.

To participate in discussions, you will need to register an account. If you already have an account, make sure you sign in.

Photo

Waitlist 2016

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#26 Nikki14

Nikki14
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:31 AM

the email I got said I was #5 on the Nova Scotia waitlist. Is that the same as the maritime waitlist or different? Any insight would be great!!

#27 Kevin5

Kevin5
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:07 AM

I was 1 on the 'pei waitlist' so, not sure if that was maritime or pei specific.

#28 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

With this movement on the list I was wondering if they are going to add more people to the waitlist. I am not even sure how many people are on the list at the moment.

#29 Kevin5

Kevin5
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:05 PM

Also. For those wondering, it gave the deadline of July 8 to deposit, so there would be some movement shortly after I would assume

#30 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:36 AM

I am number four on the PEI list, hopefully four people decide to go elsewhere. I've heard from friends that last year one girl was admitted during the first week of classes so it's not over until then.

#31 Nikki14

Nikki14
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:25 AM

Thank you for your inquiry, we have a number of waitlists, regionally set, should we receive any declines from the seats already filled we will contact students on those lists from which province the decline was from. You have been ranked #5 you will be contacted should we receive declines from Nova Scotia residents.

We will contact you by email should your status change."

#32 Nikki14

Nikki14
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:26 AM

That is the email I received from Wanda when I asked about the Nova Scotia Waitlist

#33 pateyhfx

pateyhfx
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 04 July 2016 - 04:30 PM

I am 4th on the NS wait list. I'm not too confident to be honest, but I'll post here if I'm accepted. That way at least you'll know you're next Nikki14. 

#34 jt93

jt93
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNB

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:08 AM

I'm 4th on the NB waitlist.. I'm hoping people from NB will drop if they get accepted off the waitlist from other schools.

#35 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:34 AM

~I'm hoping that at least a few people were accepted to multiple schools and are holding out until the deposit is due later this week to decline, does anyone else think this might happen.

~Also if you are on the PEI, NB, NS waitlist are you also on the Atlantic one?

~Good luck other people. Also Islanders 1-3 if you are on here could you please let me know when you hear that would be amazing  

#36 pateyhfx

pateyhfx
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:42 AM

I think the 'Atlantic' wait-list is the Newfoundland list, although that's just a guess. 

And from what I've heard from Wanda, #4 on the NS list is highly unlikely to get in, I imagine it's the same for PEI. I'm already planning on writing the LSAT again in December to increase my chances for next year. 

#37 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:15 AM

Just got the email. I am ranked #18 on the Non-Atlantic waitlist. Is there any hope?

#38 pateyhfx

pateyhfx
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:09 AM

You should e-mail Wanda. She is very helpful. She just informed me that I've moved from #4 to #3 on the Nova Scotia wait-list, but that the list doesn't move much until the last few weeks of the summer. 

She also told me it might be worthwhile to write the LSAT again if you are below 158-159. I am going to re-write in December and hopefully get in next year. 

Edited by pateyhfx, 05 July 2016 - 08:09 AM.

#39 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:54 AM

According to Wanda I've moved up to #3.

I was hoping that there would historically be more movement around the deposit day but Wanda and others I have spoken to say everything moves the last two weeks of august and sometimes later.

I also spoke with a girl who was #10 on the Atlantic list a couple of years ago (I'm guessing PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland did not yet have their own lists yet). She got in the week before school started. There is always hope!

#40 pateyhfx

pateyhfx
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

Haha, I suppose we need to stay optimistic. I'm at least happy I'm close. If I can just improve my LSAT score by 2-3 points I'll have a much better chance next year if it comes to that. 

#41 Nikki14

Nikki14
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:16 PM

Well pateyhfx if you've moved to #3 then i guess that means I've moved to #4! At least it's something! I'm definitely writing the LSAT again to help my application next year!
  • jaytee2 likes this

#42 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

According to Wanda, I moved up from 18 to 12 on Non-Atlantic waitlist. I still have no hope though.

Edited by Imanshar, 11 July 2016 - 10:29 AM.

#43 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 11 July 2016 - 11:22 AM

I was 1 on the 'pei waitlist' so, not sure if that was maritime or pei specific.

Hi I was just wondering if you'd heard if you got in yet. I'm number 3 so if you're in that could bode well for me. 

#44 CrimMajor

CrimMajor
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:51 AM

I recently withdrew my acceptance (Maritime resident). Good luck!

#45 pateyhfx

pateyhfx
  • Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNS

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:17 AM

I was just accepted! I suppose I should thank you CrimMajor :) So happy.

Also Nikki14, that means you're next!

#46 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:57 AM

Also just received an email that I'm #9 on the non-Atlantic waitlist. CGPA 3.75, LSAT 153, strong ECs and volunteer work, and lots of international work experience. How do the non-Atlantic/Atlantic waitlists work, do they prioritize all Atlantic residents over non-Atlantic? 

are you accepted yet? if not do you have any idea where are you on the waitlist as of now?

#47 Eldamada

Eldamada
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

Last update I heard was on July 5th that I was #4. No news since then.

#48 Nikki14

Nikki14
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:25 PM

Congrats pateyhfx!! A very welcome surprise!

#49 Imanshar

Imanshar
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

Last update I heard was on July 5th that I was #4. No news since then.

Thank you for the update.

#50 BirdLawAttorney

BirdLawAttorney
  • Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPEI

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:18 AM

I was just accepted! I suppose I should thank you CrimMajor :) So happy.

Also Nikki14, that means you're next!

Hey great job hopefully the PEI list moves a bit as well. Also keeping positive helped :)

Edited by BirdLawAttorney, 19 July 2016 - 06:26 AM.